corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Don't they realise?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Don't they realise?
waynep

User status: Offline
1st Jan 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be his mate ?
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pyramid schemes typically work as a club, where individuals pay their "joining fee" or "gift" or "donation" to people further "up" the pyramid, in the expectation that they themselves will get paid by new recruits who join further "down" the pyramid.

Be wary: they're frauds, scams, confidence tricks, and illegal in most countries for the simple reason that people are given the fraudulent impression they will definitely make money when in fact they are extremely likely to lose money - unless they happen to be in the top few levels of the pyramid.

It sounds like an easy way to get rich, until you realise that the only way that anybody makes money in a pyramid scheme is by taking it directly from other participants - chiefly friends, relatives and co-workers. Also, it takes a very short time for a geographical or social community to be swamped with scheme members, the vast majority of whom will never make any money from the scheme - as you can see if you run the numbers in our calculator.
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The catch - how it works

These schemes usually follow the same pattern. New recruits are invited by friends and family to "gift parties" in private homes or pubs. Once there, they are told that they can turn a sum of money say, £2,000 into £16,000 in a matter of days. After they've handed over the money each person has to find new recruits to join the scheme enabling the original recruits to move up a level in the pyramid. When the top of the pyramid is reached (and the £16,000) the recruit leaves the scheme and makes way for a new set of "winners".

The schemes are called pyramid schemes because there are hundreds of people at the bottom paying cash to join and just a few at the top. The money works its way up to a few people at the top and it's only those people that get the financial benefits. The scheme would only deliver benefits for those that join at the bottom if there were an infinite number of people also prepared to join at the bottom, which would push those who had joined earlier further up the pyramid. As this won't be the case, sooner or later the scheme runs into trouble and the cash dries up. People who've put money in then lose it and can't get it back.
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

combatprojex

no!!!! not a pyramid... how many time have i gotta tell u its not a pyramid
M2RTY

FFS mate its people like you that are the reason why these scams exist
combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no... u just dont get it... let me upload this screen shot
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate u dont go one down the list, u go one LEVEL down

then 20 people PER PERSON have to join, not just 20 people after u

combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off the site....

When you buy a sim for £20, you are entered into the mobile list for free. When the required number of new members join, the person currently at the top of the list will receive their chosen handset.

It is important that you understand how the system works before you participate. In the example below, five new members are required to subsidize each free mobile. Mike has joined at the top of the list - he will receive his handset after five people buy sims. Kerry is next in the list and she will receive her new mobile after another five people have bought sims.

Mike buys a sim Mike is waiting for four new members
Kerry buys a sim Mike is waiting for three new members
Andy buys a sim Mike is waiting for two new members
Claire buys a sim Mike is waiting for one new member
John buys a sim Mike receives his mobile
Matt buys a sim Kerry is waiting for four new members
Sue buys a sim Kerry is waiting for three new members
Paul buys a sim Kerry is waiting for two new members
Mary buys a sim Kerry is waiting for one new member
Jane buys a sim Kerry receives her mobile
Martin buys a sim Andy is waiting for four new members

still dunno whether youll get it or not

combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate i have got the site.... its definately 19ppl after you join u get a phone.
Paul H

1st Jan 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah £20 to put your name down but the auction for the link is £170 so that's £190 so how is that cheap?

[Edited on 01-01-2004 by chewbaccaman]
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by combatprojex
off the site....

When you buy a sim for £20, you are entered into the mobile list for free. When the required number of new members join, the person currently at the top of the list will receive their chosen handset.

It is important that you understand how the system works before you participate. In the example below, five new members are required to subsidize each free mobile. Mike has joined at the top of the list - he will receive his handset after five people buy sims. Kerry is next in the list and she will receive her new mobile after another five people have bought sims.

Mike buys a sim Mike is waiting for four new members
Kerry buys a sim Mike is waiting for three new members
Andy buys a sim Mike is waiting for two new members
Claire buys a sim Mike is waiting for one new member
John buys a sim Mike receives his mobile
Matt buys a sim Kerry is waiting for four new members
Sue buys a sim Kerry is waiting for three new members
Paul buys a sim Kerry is waiting for two new members
Mary buys a sim Kerry is waiting for one new member
Jane buys a sim Kerry receives her mobile
Martin buys a sim Andy is waiting for four new members

still dunno whether youll get it or not

that is EXACTLY what a pyramid is

combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i think the bloke who bid 4 that was a prick and didnt realise he was biddin for a link
combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look

CorsaLad16v

1st Jan 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zzZzzz lets have a heated debate (off mrs merton years ago)
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kerry is 2nd and she has to wait for 3 others to buy a sim b4 mike gets his

THEN

kerry waits for 5 people before she gets her sim

this is only being 2nd on the "list"

u will NOT be top of the list i 100000000% gaurentee you

M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant b arsed to work it out but even if your 4th on the list its summit like 4000 people b4 u win
combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol... nah seriously now... it definately isnt a pyramid... u put your name down on a list... 19 people join it after you and u recieve the phone even if i join the list at number 4 and 16 ppl join it after me i get my phone... no body loses out... the creator makes a prophet and i get a phone for a mere £20
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol... nah seriously now... it definately isnt a pyramid... u put your name down on a list... 19 people join it after you and u recieve the phone even if i join the list at number 4 and 16 ppl join it after me i get my phone... no body loses out... the creator makes a prophet and i get a phone for a mere £20

i give up

someone else please take over, i need a drink

[Edited on 01-01-2004 by M2RV H]
Colin

1st Jan 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prophet

Its a scam, one thing ive learned in life is you dont get shit all for free, why's some cunt gonna give you a £200+ phone for £20
combatprojex

1st Jan 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think your just one of those people who think they everything but know nothing... have a scout round find the website and get it into your thick skull it aint a pyramid and is definatley a well worth doing scheme.
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITS A SCAM - WHY DO YOU NOT THINK EVERYONE IS SIGNING UP TO GET A FREE PHONE. ANYONE WHO SIGNS UP DESERVES TO LOOSE 20 QUID
combatprojex

because 19 ppl behind me also pay £20 for my phone so the creator makes £20x20ppl
Colin

quote:
i think your just one of those people who think they everything but know nothing... have a scout round find the website and get it into your thick skull it aint a pyramid and is definatley a well worth doing scheme.

Yeah tell you what, give us a shout when you get your new phone
M2RTY

1st Jan 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might sooner or later receive a message offering you a business opportunity which is a Pyramid Scheme. You will be offered the chance of making a huge amount of money, and the method is detailed in an explanation. If you think about it a bit, it may seem plausible. Plus, there are ways of making a fortune, but there is a problem with pyramid schemes and I will explain why, after I've explained what a pyramid scheme is.

WHAT IS A PYRAMID SCHEME?

You have to pay a small sum to someone first. This is sometimes connected with a deal involving signing up with some kind of money e-mailing company or sometimes it's a matter of sending cash. You pay the money to Person1 on the list. The list has three (or more) people on it, and then you move everyone along the list by one, put your own name on the list, and wait for the money to come rolling in. The letter will tell you that this is a sure way for everyone to make a fortune, and the explanation seems convincing. After all, if you have been convinced by it and sent the money, others will, so sooner or later an increasingly large number of people will be paying YOU money. So, brilliant, eh?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH PYRAMID SCHEMES?

Well, let's not knock an idea just because it promises to make a fortune. That would be ignorant, as there ARE ways to make a fortune, some of which have not been discovered. It pays to not be too sceptical! Also, with pyramid schemes, SOME people WILL make a fortune. So, what's wrong with pyramid schemes and why should you avoid them? The problem is the mathematics, which can be explained logically and the problem exposed. You don't need Advanced Level Exam mathematics to see this, but O-level helps. Part of the trouble is that the purveyors of pyramid schemes will try to distract you from the mathematical fault. Here, as clearly as can be explained, is the fault: For every person in the scheme who makes money, a preset number (n) will have to pay out money. For any level of the scheme, an ever-increasing next-level will be required. So, even though YOU might make money, sooner or later a lot of people will be sold a deal which will LOSE MONEY. So, you might make money, but others will lose. The problem is that it is very likely that this over-the-hill point has already occurred, so YOU will LOSE MONEY! If this sounds too complex to understand, a simpler explanation is this: As no money is being actually generated and it's just being moved about, there is no real money to be made, at least not long term, by everyone.

So, to sum it up, although a few people may get rich, the chances are it won't be you. Furthermore, whether you make money or not, a very large number of other people will lose money. It's a mathematical fact about the system.

The reason why pyramid schemes fool a lot of people into paying money into them is because, like the Impossible Triangle, it looks convincing from any angle. Most people aren't clever enough to suss out the whole picture and see the fundamental fault in it.

Pyramids schemes are illegal in some countries and not in some other countries, but it's largely irrelevant. People should be educated about the hazards and should not need to be protected by law against folly.

Pyramid schemes are sometimes disguised as MLM / Multi-Level Marketing, and often appear in the background as a sales method for a real product. So, when the whole thing collapses you may end up with a load of soap or some reports or some such thing; well it's better than nothing. However, for any scheme, you should check how much of it is about a real product and how much of it is just blather.

Also, when considering any testimonials, it's worth noting that these are likely to be TRUE. People really DO make money out of pyramid schemes. However, the same is true of gambling, there will be some winners who will have made a fortune on the gambling and be able to speak well of a MIRACLE, and yet you know that a lot of people will have lost and not said anything.

The fact is though, that you are extremely unlikely to make any money out of a pyramid scheme. The people who generally win are those who start the pyramid scheme in the first place. This is best avoided too, for various reasons!

Anyway, here is an e-mail which is typical of a multi-level-marketing approach, and is presented here without prejudice, for information only, and shall not be construed in any way to be anything whatsoever etc etc...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Don't they realise? 22 database queries in 0.0171621 seconds