corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just ordered
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 13 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought this to build up, and upgrade parts etc as required

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271156420363

already have the FPV stuff and cameras

[Edited on 03-03-2013 by Steve]
Nath

3rd Mar 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like it says £426?
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct, the flight controller alone costs about £300

Steve
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main reason im wanting to upgrade from the AR Drone, is battery life really, as the AR drone isnt very powerful and cant carry much im limited to a 1000mah battery, whereas these things can carry 2000-3000mah batterys which as im going to b edoing a lot of FPV will want more than 10mins flying time
DaveyLC

3rd Mar 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a good deal there, the airframe kit with motors and ESC's is over £150 on its own.

You'll need some SERIOUS batteries to get more than 10mins flying time on a quad though Steve

[Edited on 03-03-2013 by DaveyLC]
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed however it will be able to carry a lot more, eg that gimble

Are those esc's and motors etc any good?

DaveyLC

3rd Mar 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends on the stock they have used.. The motors and ESC's are all good, there have been reports of bad solder on the motor bullet connectors but all of mine are perfect and its easy to sort

Also there were high failure rates on the original EPP props but they revised the design.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, im considering also upgrading the props to graupner ones, seems quite a complex affair trying to choose between 10x5 and the 9x5 though, trade off between speed and lift it seems
DaveyLC

3rd Mar 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore all the fear mongerers the factory props are perfectly fine as long as they are the redsigned ones with the thicker root
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, iv also read a lot of stuff about only using a 3s lipo with the 10" props and a 4s with smaller props, something to do with current draw
DaveyLC

3rd Mar 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the smaller props with 3s 2200's and have no problems
DaveyLC

4th Mar 13 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been nothing like the distances I've been with the wing but I'm getting a bit braver with distance on the quad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64KxOI44NIw

Video is rock solid in my goggles (using C/P antennas) with the odd little glitch when flying behind the car.
3CorsaMeal

4th Mar 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I've been nothing like the distances I've been with the wing but I'm getting a bit braver with distance on the quad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64KxOI44NIw

Video is rock solid in my goggles (using C/P antennas) with the odd little glitch when flying behind the car.

Do you find the music system draws attention to the quad? Sounds good though.
DaveyLC

5th Mar 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you built it yet Steve?

BTW what transmitter are you using? you'll need at least 1 3-way switch.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its arrived today, so not had chance yet lol, i wont be doing much tonight either as got some quadmods to make and the footie to watch, hope to make a good start tomorrow

Im using an AR7010, iv found a video that lets you set up the DX6i to mix two of the switches to give you all the gps functions

Have you seen some basic antenna hacks you can do to the spektrum radios to give you 2 miles of range?

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by Steve]
DaveyLC

5th Mar 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're going to have fun calibrating your compass without a 3 way switch as the setup procedure is to roll back and forth through positions 1-2-3 several times until it goes into calibration mode.. Yeah you can do it with a mix, I'd probably have the gear switch going between GPS and ATTI then have a mix on the throttle hold that puts it into manual mode.

Also there is no way on gods earth you'll get a reliable two miles out of DSM2... Its just not going to happen even DSMX wouldn't give a reliable link over anything near that.

Remember to do your TX calibration in the Naza assistant first and test without any props, then do a 'hold test' with some props save the heart break of picking up all the pieces

If you get stuck give me a shout
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv seen videos of someone do it

check this out

http://www.diydrones.com/m/blogpost?id=705844%3ABlogPost%3A123599

the main reason im wanting to keep the dx6i is because it has the option to switch between EU and US power output modes, the higher DX models are hard coded depending on the region you purchased so you are stuck with a max output of 100mw

All spektrum radios in EU have a power output capped at 100mw, all in the US have power capped at 200mw

In that link above you can boost your TX to 1000mw!

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by Steve]
DaveyLC

5th Mar 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DX6i does let you set the US power mode however it lacks a few other important features: DSMX, Optical pots (the pots are shockingly shite on the DX6i and prone to failure), three way switches and warnings (which are really useful so you know you havent started up your TX in the wrong flight mode).

I'm not sure I'd trust one of those ebay WIFI amps to fly my £700+ quad lol..

I have EZUHF for long range flights on my wing and I did have an EzUHF RX on the F450 but its just not worth it, you wont have the battery power to fly far so the only benefit you get from using a LRS system is the fact you can fly behind objects which you can't do with microwave frequencies no matter how much power you kick out.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats true, about battery power.

Going to see how i get on with this 6, and possibly upgrade in the future if its too fiddly fucking about with 2 switches
mwg

5th Mar 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone fancy talking in English round here?
DaveyLC

5th Mar 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DX7's (the older style silver ones) are available cheap these days
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to order a dx8, but i really want to be able to switch it to US output, wonder how much difference the 200mw over the 100mw makes, i heard to double range you need 4 times the power output
DaveyLC

5th Mar 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I was going to order a dx8, but i really want to be able to switch it to US output, wonder how much difference the 200mw over the 100mw makes, i heard to double range you need 4 times the power output

You wont notice much difference, to double range you need to quadruple power.
DaveyLC

5th Mar 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol just realise you already said that
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any idea if it can be done in firmware

could always order from the states actually

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered 22 database queries in 0.0181420 seconds