corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Peugeot 106 XSI-16v - Outside

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peugeot 106 XSI-16v - Outside
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
15th Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update with all 4 wheels fitted soon.

Thinking of painting the bumper tops, arches etc in anthracite aswell, ill get someone to PS it once I get photos of the wheels on.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will look nice, same colour as the wheels?
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need morettes now
Badgersport

15th Oct 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats looks mint! And im liking you plans on the arch tops being sprayed up

In the future i am planning to get my arches sprayed up black (undecided on matt or satin)

Ste
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy has replied in your wanted thread about the morettes on 106owners mate, just incase you haven't seen it.
gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks amazing

Need to put a couple more coats of graphite gray on mine as yours looking glossier

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Ill do the bumper tops, not sure if Ill have a colour in the middle, miami blue might be nice right enough.

Danny, just checked it there, £200 though Wish id bought that set on ebay that went for £150

Gavin, one of mine is quite dull, not sure why its gone like that, was the one that fucked up a few times. Looks fine when its on the car though.

Unearthed a few problems when I had the front wheels off though.

Passenger CV boot is split, but I have the short shaft from the yellow one. Also found out why the oil temp isnt working, the plug isnt even there

I dont have a clue what loom is being used on the car, once I get a garage/covered area ill strip the loom off, going be a nightmare to buzz it though, seeing as half the plugs are missing.

Thing I am pleased with though is how clean it is. Its MUCH cleaner rust wise than the yellow one, perfect inner wings, under the arches is perfect, not had it up on the ramp yet though to see what the underside is like. Will underseal it soon hopefully.

Not got all that much to do to get it up to a reasonable standard:

Paint the inside miami blue
Get bucket seats
Repair loom
New rear brake shoes
Change gearbox

All upgrades from there, thinking of GTi6 fronts, or cheap 4 pots.
Upper and lower braces
Exhaust manifold

Then serious money stuff

Cams
TB's etc etc

[Edited on 15-10-2009 by ChrisBoom]
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I wouldn't CC the bumpers/arch+door trims as it looks very perculiar, they don't suit it at all IMO. Black or same colour as wheels would look far better. Yeah, see if you can knock hom down a bit to £180 or something, they're pretty rare arent they so I'd snap them up pretty quickly, might be ages until another set come up for sale. They hold value well anyway.
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Personally I wouldn't CC the bumpers/arch+door trims as it looks very perculiar, they don't suit it at all IMO. Black or same colour as wheels would look far better. Yeah, see if you can knock hom down a bit to £180 or something, they're pretty rare arent they so I'd snap them up pretty quickly, might be ages until another set come up for sale. They hold value well anyway.

Im not doing the whole lot miami blue, just the part in the middle, the pinstripe sort of thing that runs down the door trims. Rest will be graphite grey.

Edit, look left <<<< Where the red tape was, thinking of doing that blue

True on the lights, could always sell them on for the same price. Will PM him now.

DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah If you don't want them in 6 months time I'll have them off you Ahh I see what you mean, on my black XSI I had the pinstripe was missing so I just bought some half inch vinyl tape, might have been 1/4 inch not too sure.
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah If you don't want them in 6 months time I'll have them off you Ahh I see what you mean, on my black XSI I had the pinstripe was missing so I just bought some half inch vinyl tape, might have been 1/4 inch not too sure.

Sounds good

Aye, seen some tape on ebay, might spray the arches up in graphite, then try on the tape, see if I like it.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the GTI get sold then?
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Did the GTI get sold then?

Nope, not yet. Got the insurance money through for the XSI though.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bitter sweet really, was a lovely car but atleast you have money to buy stuff for this one if you wish.
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, in two minds on what to do with this one, it is coming off the road for a while at least, but I dont know wether to leave it off the road and trailer it to trackdays, or have it as a road legal track car.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The latter will be much more fun
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The latter will be much more fun

Thats true, but Im still getting a day to day car, which need to tax, mot and insure aswell, as the XSI is shite for actaully driving anywhere, wouldnt want it as a daily drive, just as a weekender.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get in insured via day insurance for when you do want to use it
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just get in insured via day insurance for when you do want to use it

Too young
B3KAN

15th Oct 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels look good chris
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

15th Oct 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at buying this, glad i didnt in a way as i didnt want it to have to mess about with the wiring etc. It is a nice looking car, the wheels look much better now too.
ChrisBoom

15th Oct 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Muzzy@VauxhallScotland
I was looking at buying this, glad i didnt in a way as i didnt want it to have to mess about with the wiring etc. It is a nice looking car, the wheels look much better now too.

Not so bad for me as ive done a 16v conversion before, so know my way about it. Wouldnt fancy tackling it if I didnt have the knowlege though.

Wee video, on the local private airstrip

Oh year, ignore the water and oil temps, wiring is fucked for them

DannyB
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goes well Chris, sounds nice too.
ChrisBoom

16th Oct 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Goes well Chris, sounds nice too.

If you listen carefully you can hear the crunch when it changes into 2nd
Charlton

16th Oct 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound nice loving the new wheel colour too mate

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Peugeot 106 XSI-16v - Outside 24 database queries in 0.0185909 seconds