corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Missing - 239 people on board.

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plane Missing - 239 people on board.
Jambo

User status: Offline
16th Mar 14 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
It was picked up on radar but was unidentified

Wasn't it only once, for a short time, by military radar?

You'd think it'd be picked up multiple times if it continued to fly for another 4/5 hours.

Not sure Dom, I heard it on the radio. Got to remember with all of this, we are dealing with Malaysia, China, Vietnam plus other countries/gov's/military. There is no way they all freely talk to each other, nor do they share information. Look at the 9/11 debacle between the FBI and CIA, I would fully assume there is more to come out about this, important or not. But I doubt the media have access to all the shiz going on, and you don't know what military have seen what, or if they care to share it in-case it leads to embarrassment if they where all asleep on the job etc. Or maybe its another Korean 747 episode and they scrambled jets and shot it down.

It is certainly getting stranger, they said the number of potential airfields that could accommodate a 777 was something like 600+ and that it could literally be anywhere.

Given the Copilot with a penchant for breaking the rules, the possibility of a emotionally aggravated man in charge of an airliner and two iffy types on stolen passports the theories are understandable. I can't quite conceive what has gone on.
3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 14 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John Travolta has it imo.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liam neeson was onboard. So it should be fine

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Dom

16th Mar 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
You'd also know how simple it is to change a radar signal with active and passive reflectors which greatly alter the perceived signature.

It's far from simple Rich, especially on a pre-existing design; hence why it's unlikely they're able to drastically alter the 747's (whatever the military variant is used for 'AFO') cross section to appear as light-aircraft (obviously ignoring cruise speed and altitude)

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Has anyone here actually used a radar system of any sorts apart from me?
have you?

I guess Rich has used I band (assuming it's that) marine radar.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Dom]
johnny86
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My opinion is the plane has been hijacked and landed the people killed and will be used at a later date for a terrorist attack.

Or aliens have taken it.
Nismo

16th Mar 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was no plane.
Rick Draper

16th Mar 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It has also been revealed that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family home the
day before the plane went missing.

johnny86
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

It has also been revealed that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family home the

this hasnt been on the news.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
As in it glided down? And then what? Shoot everyone and make your way out the exit?

Well if for example it had ran out of juice and glided down... I don't know what they would of done? Let it sink and drown everyone on board?
I'm not saying they have done this.
Just saying there doesn't have to be debris everywhere if it's in the water.
ed

16th Mar 14 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think some stuff needs to be cleared up about radar. Generally with civil flight you use secondary radar, on the aircraft you have a transponder which is interrogated by the ground radar and then sends a return message. There are two main types of this system, mode C and mode S. With mode C ATC will assign you a squark which is a 4 digit number, this is entered into the transponder and shows up on the ATCers console. They will have some form of note saying which aircraft is/are using that code. Mode S returns slightly more data as it is a newer system. I believe it returns the tail number and some other bits and pieces to make aircraft more identifiable. Since this is only just being rolled out in most places we can probably assume they're using mode C.

Then you get primary radar, this is the basic system you see in the movies with dots showing up on the screen. I think ATC have primary systems available to them, but the reality is that the image displayed on their console is synthetic because of the amount of noise you'd get from birds e.t.c.

So, if you turn the transponder off the aircraft will disappear from secondary radar but should still be visible on primary (unless some form of stealth tech is in use). As for aircraft showing up as something different on radar I'm not sure, you could tell ATC you're a cessna if you like on first contact and they'd no none the better unless you started exceeding the performance limitations of your plane, then they might get suspicious. I know that when royal flights go across the UK they're very public about where they're routing so you stay clear!
Dave

16th Mar 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chances of landing a 777 on the sea in one piece are very slim. Those engines are massive and if reports are correct the seas were pretty rough at the time. Seems a lot of similarities with Egyptair 990, although this time the pilot has hidden his actions.

Also, how is Air Force One going to disguise itself? Air Force One is a callsign, not a plane, do they just change the callsign?
John

16th Mar 14 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disguises itself by saying it's another type of aircraft.
Dave

16th Mar 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But still uses Air Force One in comms?
Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
My opinion is the plane has been hijacked and landed the people killed and will be used at a later date for a terrorist attack.

Or aliens have taken it.

The first option is the one I believe to be true.
John

16th Mar 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
But still uses Air Force One in comms?

Being pedantic (which I would be so fair enough), my original comment about Air Force One is incorrect, because yes, that's a call sign.

In my defence, the aircraft itself is normally described as that.
JonnyJ

16th Mar 14 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting theory, sounds a bit of an arse about.

So they not only had to get people to hijack it, but they had to be skilled enough to land a fully loaded 777 on a runway which i assume they hijacked as well? Then kill all the people, then refuel the jet, take off and hit a target?

Does that not seem a bit of a weird way of doing it when you can just steal it mid air, hit target, job done? The effect is the same.

Showboating terrorists. Heard it all now.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by JonnyJ]
Rick Draper

16th Mar 14 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

this hasnt been on the news.

Its in the papers.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the differences between an A320 and a 777? Remembering the US Airline flight that ditched in the Hudson.
Dave

16th Mar 14 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's more likely one/both of the pilots went a bit batshit and hijacked their own plane, so to speak. What they've done with it is anyone's guess. The stolen passport bit could be a red herring.
JonnyJ

16th Mar 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I think it's more likely one/both of the pilots went a bit batshit and hijacked their own plane, so to speak. What they've done with it is anyone's guess. The stolen passport bit could be a red herring.

Would be my guess.
Rick Draper

16th Mar 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What are the differences between an A320 and a 777? Remembering the US Airline flight that ditched in the Hudson.

One landed on a river that was very still at the time, the other one would be trying to land in the open sea.
Dave

16th Mar 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

About 80t vs 300t, not to mention rivers are typically much flatter than seas
Rick Draper

16th Mar 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More information coming out:

quote:

The final words from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, "All Right, good night", apparently delivered in a calm voice, were spoken after the plane was seized and transmission equipment disabled, it was revealed on Sunday.

mantamark

16th Mar 14 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Interesting theory, sounds a bit of an arse about.

So they not only had to get people to hijack it, but they had to be skilled enough to land a fully loaded 777 on a runway which i assume they hijacked as well? Then kill all the people, then refuel the jet, take off and hit a target?

Does that not seem a bit of a weird way of doing it when you can just steal it mid air, hit target, job done? The effect is the same.

Showboating terrorists. Heard it all now.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by JonnyJ]

What if they hijacked it and took it somewhere to put something else on board before hitting a target? Nuclear warhead for example? Or make it into a massive dirty bomb?
ed

16th Mar 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Size - a 320 is small and a 777 is a wide body.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Missing - 239 people on board. 23 database queries in 0.0232408 seconds