corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Syrian Refugees

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Syrian Refugees
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Sep 15 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right this is really starting to get on my tits now, namely the facebook idiots that are up in arms about it all calling anyone who wants some modicum of an approach to all this racist etc.

I have seen lots of name calling, but yet to see anyone explain with proper reasons the following:

Why are these "refugees" not stopping at the first place of safe haven they come too?
Why should we trust all of them when it was reported months ago that isis claim they will send hundreds of soldiers disguised as refugees into western Europe.
Why are people so easily manipulated by images in the media.
Why is there so many mindless people out there willing to buy into all this and demand the borders are opened up.
Why do they only suddenly seem to care for Syrian refugees when in fact there are many more refugees in countries like Africa for years.

I'd like to add, most of these people are exactly the same type and actual people in a lot of cases, that were so aggressive and outspoken when Conservative got re-elected - is there a link here?

[Edited on 09-09-2015 by Steve]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Online
9th Sep 15 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive questions. Why do they all wear decent brand sportswear and carry smartphones should be added deffo.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are they mainly young males?
Why do they not want to be registered?
Nic Barnes

9th Sep 15 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you going to do about it steve?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go mad
Jason x
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are they going to put them all anyway
Shelly
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't ISIS say earlier this year that they would flood Europe with 1000s of their fighters?

Almost all fit young men - why aren't they fighting for their country?

Europe is asking for trouble.
sc0ott

9th Sep 15 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Where are they going to put them all anyway

Anywhere in England Is fine by me.
3CorsaMeal

9th Sep 15 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what is going on Shelly. They just need their AK47s shipped over now.

We all live in ignorance, will only be bothered when they are knocking door-to-door beheading the men and taking the women.

Glad i won't be here in 50yrs
Cavey

9th Sep 15 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm half and half about it all really, Refugees aren't immigrants. If they're proper refugees they're forced out of their homeland because of war, and because they feel it's unsafe there, fair enough, they can come in, in limited numbers, 20,000 within 4 years (for the UK) really isn't that much.

The photo that started it all off though, supposedly that family had been living in Turkey for 3 years and been denied asylum in Canada, so in need of a free dentist the bloke saved up £7000 (apparently) to get himself and his family trafficked into Greece. Obviously it all went wrong, we saw that photo of his son, and the world went batshit over the whole thing.

The EU is a massive place, and can house refugees if it's done properly, if they're registered, and if they are actually refugees.

My main issue, is as said, it seems to be a lot of middle aged men, fighting age. - If we let them in, where does it stop, the figures for people in Syria trying to escape are far, far more than the few that are in Hungary/Turkey now. Why aren't the UN forcing other middle eastern countries to take people in, instead of just the EU.

However, it's a fine line, if we point blank refuse to that it may well push people towards ISIS and could create a lot of issues further down the line, if we let all and sundry in, then what's to say that there aren't ISIS agents amongst them (like the Nazis did trying to avoid punishment during WWII)
Nic Barnes

9th Sep 15 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arent a lot of them actually not even from syria now? just joined the freeloading band wagon through to europe?
Shelly
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some are from the far east aren't they?!
pow
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the right hump with Cameron for letting a load in
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Why is there so many mindless people out there willing to buy into all this and demand the borders are opened up.
Why do they only suddenly seem to care for Syrian refugees when in fact there are many more refugees in countries like Africa for years.

Regarding these three questions, people are idiots. I noticed it after the Cecil the lion thing. There'd been quite a bit in the media about elephants and rhinos being hunted and no-one really bothered then suddenly one day a 'famous' lion is killed, no-one over here had heard of him but the media told us he was famous so suddenly idiots come from everywhere telling us that anyone who's ever killed an animal is a disgrace and must have some kind of issues, completely missing the fact that they've been supporting the killing of animals for their whole lifetime, by eating meat.

Same thing with the refugees, the media told us about boats full of them being drowned trying to escape Syria and everyone shrugged it off but then show them a picture of a dead child who, as it turns out, wasn't a even refugee and suddenly we should all start offering our spare rooms to them, no questions asked
Ellis

9th Sep 15 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bloke that 'captured hearts' in the media selling pens to feed his children...

I question; why are you selling pens when your child is playing your Samsung smartphone and where are you charging the phone if you live on the streets. Also, how are you funding the contract / bills.

The minute these people leave the coast of Turkey they become [illegal] migrants, not refugees. Turkey is perfectly stable.

If their movement was purely for safety, why aren't they going to Jordan, Lebanon Saudi, etc. Besides, the west coast of Syria remains almost like a holiday resort with no conflict.
Nic Barnes

9th Sep 15 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they can choose where they want to stay, can we choose the ones we want to stay here? hand pick professionals, doctors, nurses etc and fuck the rest off to germany. if you want free nhs, might as well pick people that can provide free nhs also.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The same people crying now saying we need to help people in desperate need are the same people moaning about too many asylum seekers coming in. The picture of the dead kid has done wonders for the moronic, like this is the first casualty or something.

I don't see people up in arms about ISIS or any of the other extremist groups who rape and torture children in front of the families before killing them. Give it 6 months and something bad will have happened on these shores, there's no possible way to vet all these immigrants flooding in. Chances are there is some amongst them with very bad intentions, and they did say at the beginning of the year that "we will flood Europe with thousands of our fighters and you wont know what's hit you". It Looks like it's happening.

I have a huge problem with how much Aid we send abroad too, the money we've sent to Syria alone this past year is frightening. It could be far better used in the UK to help our own.

[Edited on 09-09-2015 by DannyB]
Ellis

9th Sep 15 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just cannot quite get my head around the droves of Germans giving them a round of applause as they arrive to infiltrate their country on trains. Genuine compassion turning up to give them water and food OK, but the clapping?

An Islamic extremist terrorist attack in Germany soon wouldn't be too farfetched.

Germans (as well as British) will be charged for discriminating against migrants, the PC left wing gang will be all over this one like a rash. Playing the 'refugee card' will become the new racist card.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest the sooner something gets blown up the better to stop all this nonsense
Ellis

9th Sep 15 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad but true Steve. I think the EU is about to become a very different beast.

Not on the same level of danger at all but, look what happened after the Kosovo conflict, nearly 50% of the refugees overstayed in Britain. Not sure what the up-to-date figures are and what percentage of them are working / paying taxes but I'm sure we can fully expect the same to happen again.

I'm not an avid Tory supporter but I do stand by Cameron taking the relatively small amount of refugees over this parliament term. The ideal situation would be zero but I don't think that's a practical solution if you are the PM.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

England does seem to get it a lot worse than up here, you only have to look at London with them camping out in parks and under bridges and god knows where else. Imagine what it'll be like when more arrived. In Scotland you don't see a lot of it, fair enough we have a lot of Poles and such but they earn their money and pay back in to the system. I've worked with a few in the past and they kick their cunts in to earn a decent wage.
Ellis

9th Sep 15 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed Danny. A lot of Poles and other eastern/central Europeans up here but they generally graft harder than most of our own and for less money. Hardy bastards as well

The question is whether we can use the refugee crisis to our benefit and take skilled/semi-skilled workers into the country. Rather than burden the NHS, for example, we could deliver quite the opposite.

Get some on the Tube, bound to be cheaper than those striking cunts on £50k
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could be put to use, but how many of them will be fluent in English? how many of them would prefer to earn an honest wage and pay all their bills off their own back without government help? don't forget this is a life they are not used to, they are used to having nothing and stealing what they need or causing people harm to get what they want. The romanians are a good example, they come here for the benefits and to steal to make a living. They do it well, too.

I also have problems with people arriving and getting everything they need before a UK citizen who has most likely paid in to the system a lot of their lifetime.

We have thousands of foreign nurses and doctors within the NHS already, I would say its a 50/50 split in some of the hospitals I've been in and I'm in a different one every week. I was in ARI last week and there's a lot of different nationalities there. That's cool though, they are of use to our country and earning their money.
Ellis

9th Sep 15 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good points well made.

And god forbid anyone who offends a refugee, you'll be up in court for hate crime quicker than you can say the phrase economic migrant. Remember, if you're a minority in the UK, you have more rights than everyone else.

More schools and hospitals, nah, that pot of money is going to build mosques to keep that lot happy. Soon there will be quotas to fulfill - British citizens to refugee ratios. Token job positions ahoy.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are these "refugees" not stopping at the first place of safe haven they come too?
Perhaps their definition of "safe haven" differs from yours? And quite a lot of them actually do stop at the first European country they enter.

Why should we trust all of them when it was reported months ago that isis claim they will send hundreds of soldiers disguised as refugees into western Europe.
Who said we should? To my knowledge, people are being thoroughly interviewed and registered.

Psychology. "People" get their opinions the same way you do. There are tons of books on this and similar very interesting subjects.

It's a huge humanitarian crisis that nobody has quite found a solution for. Syria is a bleeding wound. Right now we simply can't stop the flow, so controlling it is the only option. That's easier said than done.

I've not heard or read a single thing about Syrian refugees being treated or handled any differently than refugees from comparable circumstances.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Syrian Refugees 23 database queries in 0.0156238 seconds