corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa b project number 2!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b project number 2!
gav93

User status: Offline
10th Apr 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I am back on the ball after a few distractions I have bought myself another corsa b after reluctantly selling my old white one..

then I thought id go a different route so basically saved this little VW polo coupe, rebuilt brakes fully serviced battery tray was non existant luckily I'm hand with the welder and keen with bodywork so this was all rectified was so original and clean afterwards , but just wasn't feeling it at the time

so basically bought this from a guy locally with a running fault completely original , the fault was found to be the electronic distributor so I replaced that and has been running perfect ever since
here it is after I thoroughyl went through it with pretty much all my meguiars kit 8-) granny spec

gave it a proper service with genuine parts as it is a real sweet car only 60,000 miles so want to prolong the car as much as possible

then time to start with the OEM mods I applied to my first corsa
Tigra scuttle,repainted arms and new blades
Before:
After:

also bought these from some guys down thamesmead (proper gangsters lol) but they were worth the asking price all day long just for the brand new khumos 45 series 8-)

bought thw correct fitting period caps from scrappy

all are in primer at the moment and currently awaiting me to lay the coats of paint and laquer - going to be doing something nice and subtle ..

also continuing with OEM and subtle modifiications, I changed the rear arm for a more modern and smoother looking wiper that I found out fits
before:
after:

and save the best till last I fancied a more complete interior this time so swapped the nice original cloth seats (still have them just in case) for some heated Calibra leather seats , and a complete black inteiror! my GSI leather steering wheel from my white one,ICE as well. stressfull job but really was worth all the effort and broken t40 hex bits :
before...

and finisheddd..

really happy with the interior needs a little finishing and have a few plans still but overall over the moon.

only problem.. this needs hitting with the lowering stick and the GSI wheels putting on badly! no surprises what the next update may well be

will hopefully be doing PVS and billing in this unless i get distracted..again
BenC1985

10th Apr 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Gav. Will look a million times better once lowered and them wheels on.
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely colour, this is going to look awesome mate!
gav93

10th Apr 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers Ben and jordan,i wanted the interior to be spot on in this as i didnt really have the time or dosh to do this last year with the 1st year insurance out the way and some time i can get this sorted, and i know its like driving a boat at the mo just need to sort the front coilovers out and its getting its belly on.the.floor.

p.s see you at PVS hopefully Ben
BeetleGav

10th Apr 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good! That's the best looking calibra interior I have seen. They usually look tatty and make the corsa look shit inside afterwards!

Get it lowered and itl be sorted!
gav93

10th Apr 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers gav , i know im surprised at myself they were a very lucky scrapyard find ! the rears are a bugger to fit different mounts for pre and post backs etc

trust me its getting sa-lammed
GB123
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, love that interior. What engine is it?
gav93

10th Apr 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nce and trustworthy 1.2 8v lump, does what it needs to do for the time being want to sort the look first and if i keep it after billing will toy with an engine change possibly.. cheers
vx-scottw
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the body work on that looks very well for its age
kedowan

10th Apr 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant work, nice n tidy. Those back seats look so comfy
gav93

10th Apr 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys just finished giving it its first proper clean today haha used meguiars and some 3m finesse to finish done by hand!
and yeah had some mates in the back the other night they all said it was bloody comfy, wish i could drive from the back tbh lol
Jambo

10th Apr 13 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cally interior looks mint!! Be watching this. Looks good
gav93

21st Apr 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys appreciated
UPDATE

first up painted both roll bars in smoothrite satin, looks much better I didnt want anything concourse but tried my best in the time I had allocated to do this came ot lovely considering its going to be caked in crud and road dirt, jsut need to fit the rear one and front when I do the suspension change ...

and the purchse thats going to make me a happy boy ..

put the coilovers on yesterday! went without a hitch

how we started this afternoon

down we go

as I said I WILL scrape the flaps haha

had to be a bit sensible unfortunately and raise it drives so good now will tinker a bit more with the stance tomorrow but here is how I left it

if I could of had it THAT low I obviously would, I will wind the front down a bit more and see what I can get away with but I'm more than happy for the time being! ;D but it truely handles like a go cart havent even put my rear ARB on yet ! right laugh to drive haha
BenC1985

21st Apr 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get them alloys on and drop it to suit and you have yourself a tidy little car mate.
Christopher

21st Apr 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awsome buddy hahaha
BenC1985

21st Apr 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and my mud flaps are as low as yours in the pic. Its quality cornering hard and hearing them scrape. Lol Missus thinks its embarrasing scraping all the time especially over sleeping policemen.
gav93

21st Apr 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys yeah believe it or not was with my mate soon as we dropped it turned a corner all we heard was scrapping from the front flaps haha even a bump in the road flaps would scrape! It still subtle which I like, don't really like gsi kits etc and I'm paining the wheels don't worry will be done for PVS cheers
Joey 1.6 sport

21st Apr 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes gav lowlowlowlow will look good with the alloys on and thanks for the welding means I can try to crack on know lol
Mr-SEH

21st Apr 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did see this on ya drive few weeks ago looks smart so far. But sell me those wheels! Been after a set for ages! But looking good!
gav93

21st Apr 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joey 1.6 sport
Yes gav lowlowlowlow will look good with the alloys on and thanks for the welding means I can try to crack on know lol

cheers mate yeah well low just what i want! minute we came back i had it on the floor about an hour after haha ! no problem mate as said will always lend a hand mate, get it sorted!(text me when you want help prepping paint / painting and etch prime my welds and the other guys welds )

quote:
Originally posted by Mr-SEH
Did see this on ya drive few weeks ago looks smart so far. But sell me those wheels! Been after a set for ages! But looking good!

cheers yeah drove it stock for the past 2 months,but cleanest corsa b shell ive seen ! , wheels not for sale unfortunately been wanting some for a while as well should be panited and on in the next week or 2 if i can be bothered

Mr-SEH

21st Apr 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good find then, and ha worth a shot ino the feeling im being very lazy at the moment with project 2! Haha
gav93

21st Apr 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah only down thamesmeade the wheels, car was in bexleyheath from my mates dads brother or something lol
you nearly finished ypur v6 moredoor?
try having 3 projects/restos , i shouldnt be touching this corsa but i just cant help myself lol
Mr-SEH

21st Apr 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice wheels, and its ready for lump got loads of parts waiting for me to put on fuel lines brake lines new tank Polly bushes for whole car got vectra Sri full interior all bolted in engine bay strengthend and painted all rust removed fully under sealed just needs a good polish and new boot then drop the v in! Hello 240bhp! And haha its all fun and games aye
gav93

21st Apr 13 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be good then , cant wait to see that then!
Mr-SEH

21st Apr 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need to pull my finger out mate. When its done il swing by maybe be done for pv not sure yet

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa b project number 2! 23 database queries in 0.0166709 seconds