corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe Corsa B

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe Corsa B
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Dec 12 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, not posted on here for quite some time but now I have a Corsa I thought I'd show my face again. I'm seeing how cheap I can build a decent specd XE for, not because of lack of money but just because there's plenty of bargains out there if you spot them at the right time. This will be a long-ish term project, aiming to be on track mid next year.

I started off with buying alan g-w's XE with wiring issues, got that for £200. Basically everything I need. Engine, engine loom, coilovers, brakes, shafts etc etc

Then I bought a standard silver 1.0 for £80, no pics of that yet.

The arden blue one got stripped of everything I was needing and the shell got scrapped as it had seen better days.

I went to Fife last night and picked up some Cesaros, Morettes and an Opel grill for £170. There's a bracket missing on the grill but I'll plastic weld another on. Didn't mind anyway.

Got a lower brace off Bigron a few weeks back, can't remember how much but it made a huge difference on my 106 so just bought it.

Most of the bits are now on here until the other car arrives.

The block is on a stand now ready for a full rebuild, not going for huge power or anything but I may as well do it now whilst it is out of the car.

That's pretty much it for now, just going to keep my eye out for bargains

[Edited on 30-05-2013 by DannyB]
alan t

19th Dec 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome back mate

corsa looks good, will keep a eye on this
Alex_Rally

19th Dec 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff mate, are you the lad that used to have the 106 ??
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Dec 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers that arden blue one is long gone, it'll be recycled in to coke cans by now. Quite rusty underneath so just weighed it in.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Dec 12 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_Rally
good stuff mate, are you the lad that used to have the 106 ??

Yeah had a 16v XSI that I would have been using on track but it was my daily runner too, it pissed my off over winter that much that I sold it on a whim. Regret it but it's only a car at the end of the day, this will be just as much fun.
Ad Blue B

19th Dec 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome back DannyB! Looks like you'll have a nice collection of parts!
ArdenblueDan

20th Dec 12 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see this unfold be interesting how much you could do this for
CorsaB1

20th Dec 12 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see this unfold
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 12 at 05:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff
Balling
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome back.

Brett
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello hows tricks
Ben G

20th Dec 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BannyD
davieslim

20th Dec 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get the blue car running again?
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate, according to alan the interior loom was water damaged. Plus when the engine was stripped the timing was out and the inlet manifold was full of fuel so that won't have been helping things.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Hello hows tricks

Nothing changes, same as when you left
davieslim

20th Dec 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we picked the car up from alan before and replaced the coilpack engine that was in it with the dizzy engine and it ran ok while it was with us, infact we had it a while longer to make sure it all worked as it should and im sure it had some plates put in the floor at the back as the drainplugs has rusted out it, was a nice wee car and went well but he seemed to have nothing but issues with it after a short time

we have spares looms and alot of xe engines breaking for parts so if you need anything for it let me know and ill be happy to help

[Edited on 20-12-2012 by davieslim]
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he mentioned he'd had a new engine fitted, I'll give you a shout about parts as there's probably alot I'll be needing
taylorboosh

20th Dec 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bargain if i ever saw one..

good luck
davieslim

22nd Dec 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wee thing went well, i think the old engines still lying in a corsa in the garage somewhere with a few others
bigron1988

22nd Dec 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Welcome back.
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Mar 13 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd update a little bit, not many pictures but will upload more at a later date.

Slow progress really as I'm not in a major rush to get it finished. Sold the cesaros and morettes for a profit as I wasn't that keen on the morettes and wanted a set of cav slabs.

I managed to get a pair of genuine smoked depos from the scrappies for £20, which I think will look much better.

The head is away in Glasgow with Robbie (sri boy) and has had new valve stem oil seals, valves cleaned and re-seated etc, ported/polished/light skim and generally cleaned up. The inlet manifold has also been polished/ported to match the head. A few pics during work;

The block has been painted black, sump was majorly cleaned, new baffled sump gasket and sump bolts, new water pump, crank seal and oil pump seal. Getting the head back this weekend so will get it built up with all new gaskets next week. I also just got 2 cav slabs off eBay for £60 delivered. Bargains everywhere

bigron1988

29th Mar 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nnnoooooooooooooo not cav slabs
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always liked them mate, will probably end up with two sets of wheels anyway, one with track tyres, so will see what else is out there. Not many sets I like though.
bigron1988

29th Mar 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just hate them with a passion

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe Corsa B 24 database queries in 0.0147910 seconds