corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » post office <> parcel force

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author post office <> parcel force
Adam-D

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same company? both on strike next two days?

or just the post office?

got things to send to ppl, and dont wana delay them.
bigjim172000

21st Oct 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to www.parcelforce.com/update to find out.
When i rang for a collection today they said everything was fine as parcelforce have nout to do with the royal mail strikes.
Adam-D

21st Oct 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

laffin, no hold ups then
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use someone else anyway. Boycot the motherfuckers.
Dan.H

22nd Oct 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Use someone else anyway. Boycot the motherfuckers.
exactly what im doing
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Special Delivery is still working, managers are out delivering.
dannymccann

22nd Oct 09 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Special Delivery is still working, managers are out delivering.

If RM managers are anything like the managers at my Tesco store everything will be late, in the wrong place and broken
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a normal day at the Royal Mail. I have a bit of respect for the managers though, middle finger to the unions. Unions are the most counterproductive thing ever
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know what, the Royal Mail workers are the biggest joke in the world.

Everyone is having to take it in the arse at the moment, I lost my final salary pension a few years ago along with quite a few other people on our old contracts and we never striked as a result.

I don't see why the fucking bother even giving them the time of day, sack the lot of them I'm sure they could fill the roles again and pay the new staff less.

Cunts.
flybikeslee

22nd Oct 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friend is a posty, was talking with him the other day, hes only 20, left school with no qualifications, first 6 months was on minimum wage, after that hes now on £9.50 an hour!
richc

22nd Oct 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
my friend is a posty, was talking with him the other day, hes only 20, left school with no qualifications, first 6 months was on minimum wage, after that hes now on £9.50 an hour!

How many does he do a week though?
flybikeslee

22nd Oct 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he works 5 days a week, and half a day saturday
fir3vip3r

22nd Oct 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just left being a postman..

unqualified and after 2 days training i was on over 20k a year

bunch of muppets that work there, though there are quite a few decent people that get bullied into striking etc
John

22nd Oct 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope that royal mail go bust after the strike and all the union twats lose their jobs, they are never happy with whatever deal they are offered, wonder how much they'd like a p45 instead.
Cavey

22nd Oct 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have ignored this thread so far because i'm not part of the union and don't really care about what they're doing, however I'm not going to go to work today and get treated like shit by the people in the union for the next few months.

BUT

From what I believe they're striking generally because of the workers in London complaining about quite big changes that have been brought in without any discussion with the workforce.

A couple of years ago (before I started) they apparently agreed to summer lapsing, the mail is supposed to be less, therefore, they make 1 person part time, and the rest of the area have to cover his job, in addition to doing their shift. All well and good if you have 20 people covering 1 walk, but we had 7 trying to do our own 3.5 hr walks and covering another 3hrs between us, forcing a lot of people over their agreed time. This has now been brought in all year round, when mail is heavy, meaning that most days people go over their time, in my office anyway.

The thing the public sees is that the workers are lazy and generally shit, although there's a lot there who are lazy fuckers who expect to get paid for doing minimal work, a lot of us are hard working, often going over time without pay, knowing that there's certain days we'll finish early.

IMO It's relative to the MP Expenses thing, people have been abusing the system that's in place to get paid a lot for very little work. It definitely needs updating, but in co-operation with the workers.

Unfortunately for the public, the CWU is a very strong union, and ultimately it'll lead to the downfall of Royal Mail. All they need to do is get in a room for a couple of days and talk it all through, but neither of them want to back down and show any weakness, so they're just like school kids.

Out of interest i've been there 1 yr 8 mnths or so, get paid £8.50ish for essentially un-qualified work, i'm very happy to have my job, and don't want the shit to hit the fan! (I'm contracted to 25, but get 38ish normally, doing overtime)
Cavey

22nd Oct 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Just a normal day at the Royal Mail. I have a bit of respect for the managers though, middle finger to the unions. Unions are the most counterproductive thing ever

The managers are worse than the workers! Yes, most of them are being forced to work today, but they're taking big bonuses for doing fuck all, they're shocking, the communication and infrastructure throughout the company is embaressing, no-one ever knows what's going on. And our line manager is a joke who has no respect from anyone who works there, yet gets paid more for her 7-12 5 days a week than the 40 hour employees doing 6-2
Corsa_Quadz

22nd Oct 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just want my bits to arrive
gazza808

22nd Oct 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fact is here in peterborough they seem to strike alot more than the rest,
mostly because they'd all rather loose their jobs than just a few?
they don't understand royal mail cannot afford to run the way it is, or risk them all loosing their jobs
the workers and union are killing royal mail,
also i'm meant to be picking up the keys for a house tuesday but won't be if i dont get my paper work through :@
Corsa_Quadz

22nd Oct 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically Royal Fail are fucking it up for everyone else.....Cheers Pat you fuck
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're striking because a lot of them are out the job because of mechanisation. If you left school with no qualifications and are on a job on £10 an hour like has been described in here you should count your lucky stars you're in a job. They've been caught out and now they've spat their dummies out.

Sack them all and good riddence to the lot of them. There is no place for stupid fucking unions these days.
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
If you left school with no qualifications and are on a job on £10 an hour like has been described in here you should count your lucky stars you're in a job.

£11.67 actually
Corsa_Quadz

22nd Oct 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by ed
If you left school with no qualifications and are on a job on £10 an hour like has been described in here you should count your lucky stars you're in a job.

£11.67 actually

I hate you
John

22nd Oct 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£11.67 an hour for keeping fit

wtf are they complaining about.
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was talking about the 'no qualifications and earning more than £10 an hour' more than Royal Mail lazy cuntstains.
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by ed

£11.67 actually

I hate you

The older I get the more I realise just how lucky I have been to get the job I did. I'm not a career minded person and I haven't the patience for learning unless it really interests me so to be doing what I started doing 10 years ago and to earn what I do for the work that I do I count my lucky stars.

Even if I were to be made redundant now I would get a decent payoff, I'm in a win win situation.

Maybe these Royal Mail twats would do well to remember how lucky they are to have a job that pays so well in difficult times.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » post office <> parcel force 22 database queries in 0.0166969 seconds