corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points 60 quid fine phone related

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 points 60 quid fine phone related
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
6th Mar 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its a fine and points. all i did was pick it up off dashboard glanced at it and threw it in my pocket. im 100% in the wrong, but i still think its a bit harsh. i wasnt making a call or texting anyone. spotted by a traffic unmarked car in kendal.

feel like a right bad lad today. reckon id get away with rape, robbery and murder though.
K17STY

6th Mar 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it was using a phone?

So now your not allowed to lift things and move them. Great.
BluKoo

6th Mar 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fucking joke.

Feel sorry for you.
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who knows, im not in any position to argue as i had a phone in my hand when they spotted me as they were going the other way. it wasnt to my ear, i wasnt actually doing anything with it but try telling that to people in yellow coats. i just hung my head in shame and accepted the innevitable fate.

im quite gutted tbh. had a clean lisence for years.
BluKoo

6th Mar 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have argued that it was safer in your pocket rather then sliding off the dash and distracting you, or worst case scenario, sliding under one of your pedals.

But you're right. Once cops have made up their mind, they're not gonna back down.

[Edited on 06-03-2009 by BluKoo]
LeeM

6th Mar 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd contest that! you werent using your phone! whats the charge or point code, touching a phone while driving?
Rybo

6th Mar 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bummer...theyre a bunch of t#### in kendal though-proper power mad over the daftest things
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
i'd contest that! you werent using your phone! whats the charge or point code, touching a phone while driving?

you know the worst thing aswell was, id signed the ticket thing the lot basically agreeing. the video footage, the sun was shining right onto van windscreen so couldnt actually even see anything. makes me feel even more angry.

tbh, im off to burgal some houses tonight, possibly stab a few people. i reckon i will get away with it. (joke obviously)
Colin

6th Mar 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah apparently the crime is for having the phone in your hand, not for using it.

Id probably let it roll to court, you never know you might get off somehow, if it actually reaches court. Ive had a fixed penalty time out before it reached court & I got off with it. If it does reach court, go have your day infront of the judge, tell him you were moving it from the dashboard to stop it rolling about as any sensible person would, get a detailed phone bill to show you wernt on it etc, you never know he might be feeling generous

Bloody police must be short on cash or something!!

[Edited on 06-03-2009 by Colin]
richc

6th Mar 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
tbh, im off to burgal some houses tonight, possibly stab a few people. i reckon i will get away with it.

TBH id do the same!
Andrew

6th Mar 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be worried about this Credit Crunch Colin
Mike GSi

6th Mar 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shit news George, the copper sounds like a "muppet" TBH
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant be bothered with court. having to get time off, incase i lose as it will cost me too much money. i understand its having it in your hand so technically i am breaking the law. i just feel sometimes police need to understand a bit better. i mean i see them all the time using the cb things while driving. you still have to take your hand off the wheel to use it, yet oddly as the police use that set up, its not against the law.

i was in a 40 zone, maybe 1/4 to half mile from a roundabout. there were no cars in front of me, nothing behind as they whipped it right round behind me. maybe looked at phone for 2 seconds or so.

dangerous really.
liamgallagher1994

6th Mar 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt have had it in your hand as you already know. abit harsh tho
JonnyJ

6th Mar 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You bastard Nic, you clearly are a menace to society. Your lucky you didnt run over any disabled black orphan children.

Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im now on the list along with the london bombers id imagine.

oh, i also got breathalised. which they informed me is now std procedure for any occasion they stop a vehicle. i havent drank in 6 years so its not a problem, i just found it very odd.
Xs

6th Mar 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you werent using it then I'd have protested, cause people hold fags when driving and thats alot more dangerous as if you drop it there would be a mad panic!

JonnyJ

6th Mar 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once was taking a cd out of the headunit and putting another one in. Police car came flying up from nowhere, pulled me and told me it was an offense to use a mobile when driving. I said i wasn't i was changing a cd and passed him my phone and told him to check the calls and texts (not to mention the fact it was switched off ) to which he replied "Look mate we both know you was using your phone back there but I'm going to be lenient and let you off on this occasion"

Ta mate
Colin

6th Mar 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I once was taking a cd out of the headunit and putting another one in. Police car came flying up from nowhere, pulled me and told me it was an offense to use a mobile when driving. I said i wasn't i was changing a cd and passed him my phone and told him to check the calls and texts (not to mention the fact it was switched off ) to which he replied "Look mate we both know you was using your phone back there but I'm going to be lenient and let you off on this occasion"

Ta mate

I read about a guy that had that happen to him & he didnt even have a mobile on him in the car, cop searched the car to find nothing & said something along the lines of 'ok you know that I know that you've hid it somewhere, but im going to let you off with a warning on this occasion'..................yeah
Doug

6th Mar 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contest it and get a subscriber check from your network provider to prove that you were not making receiving calls/texts at the time.

Unless the law actually relates to touching the phone and not the use of it. If thats the case then feck all you can do
Graham88

6th Mar 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Menace to the road, ban tbh
N3CRO

6th Mar 09 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't another rule where you can park up to use the phone but you can still get fined if the engine is running? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.
Rob E

6th Mar 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can refuse to take the points/fine. My landlord was pulled in the early hours of the morning when his bluetooth headset disconnected and his phone lit up. The copper pulled him and tried to give him points and a fine for using a phone. Its now going through the courts and he is going to prove them wrong that he wasnt using a phone by producing a record of calls recieved/made from the phone company. I'll let you know the outcome once its finished
Matt L

6th Mar 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats very harsh like people have said id contest it as your not really in the wrong, you can get proof that you werent using it so i cant see whats wrong. people move things about the car constantly surely its not an offence to move something .

But i do like the fact that it is pretty much one rule for them and one for us. (but im saying this more about the speeding side of things ).
Danny P

6th Mar 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K17STY
Thought it was using a phone?

So now your not allowed to lift things and move them. Great.

Yup.

Its using a mobile phone while driving. Dont have to be speaking on it to get caught.

[Edited on 06-03-2009 by Danny P]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points 60 quid fine phone related 22 database queries in 0.0148950 seconds