corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Progress Thread - The Black one with chromes - FIXED AGAIN pg7

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Progress Thread - The Black one with chromes - FIXED AGAIN pg7
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
18th Feb 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought i best get my arse into gear and make one of these threads. Right well first of all the journey started after writing off my old Corsa 1.2 8v Merit, i had big plans for that car but an incident involving a bridge soon put a stop to that.

So, i needed a new car. I looked at a few different cars including a 206, Saxo, 106 and even a Ford Ka . But i fell in love with a little black corsa. It was a 1.2 16v Club. I payed £3000 for it from the dealer which was extremly expensive but anyway i had it and straight away i had plans....

This isnt my car but due to never taking any pictures of mine standard i have borrowed some pics of Whittie's car which looked EXACTLY the same as mine when i bought it:

It looked like this for about 6 months but during them months i worked and saved as much as i could so id have a bit of cash to spend on it after summer.

The first major decision was what wheels to get. I had made my mind up pretty early on that i was going to take a bit of a risk and not go the usual silver, black or white road. I wanted something that would stand out and yet not look to lairy. I decided to go for some Chrome wheels to play off the black paint. The next choice was which style to go for. I looked at a few and was almost ready to order some 17" BK299s in chrome until i was looking on the Boss Wheels website and saw they had just released the XL300's in Chrome! I had always loved this wheel design but they had never done it in chrome before. . So straight away i put an order in for them through a bodyshop who were going to fit the tyres and suspension at the same time (Apex 40mm Springs, Kuhmo Tyres).

I got an e-mail from the bodyshop saying that they had my wheels but the finish was different to what they expected and they sent me this pic:

The suppliers had sent the wrong finish but it did look kinda cool and a few people i spoke to said to get them instead of the chromes. After some thought i decided to stick to my guns and go for chromes.

So a few weeks later they were fitted and the car looked like this:

Been only 18 i was chuffed with the way it looked and loved driving it. I soon wanted to do more stuff though so i decided to change the front lights. I was torn between Morettes or Black Angel Eyes. After seeing some black angel eyes on another black corsa and also thinking they would work off the wheels better i ordered some angel eyes.

Once they arrived i got them fitted and this is how they looked:

I had also bought some subs as been a young chav at the time i wanted some bass, 2x15 inch rockford fossgate subs should do it then:

As it was i liked they way it looked and was happy. Although i was not keen on the red rear lights and wanted smoked ones. Flicking through MIGwebs classifieds one day i saw a corsa was being broken for parts (C3 RSA) the smoked lights were up for £60! Ace. Another thing done.

While they were on the way i also thought it was time to get rid of the v-grill and replace it with a de-badged version. There was no contest for me, i went for the Kamei Grill after seeing it on Fear's car.

Lights and grill arrived, starting to take shape now:

Now to make a confession, in all this build-up i had one kit planned for it. A Combat 2 Wide Arch kit I was a few days away from ordering one when browsing CS i saw a car with a front bumper which i thought looked quite cool. It turned out to be an Irmscher Airdam Front. It got me thinking and after seeing a few others with the same bumper i changed my plans and decided to go for an irmscher airdam front bumper and side skirts and a Reiger rear bumper. I also ordered a gsi spoiler at the same time.

The kit all arrived and was sat in my room. I hadn't saved enough to get it all sprayed so i took a trip to Rebel Powerpipes to get a exhaust sorted. I knew exactly what i wanted. Twin 3" Pipes to complement the Reiger rear. The custom exhaust was made and i was very happy with the looks and the sound. I also ditched the orange side repeaters for Irmy Smoked versions:

So over winter another saving spree saw me have enough to get my kit sprayed and fitted and as a bonus i had some money spare to pay for a semi smooth boot .

So kit sprayed, all colour coded, and boot done i was one happy chappy

And thats how it stayed for the show season. I took the car to Donny, Modded Nationals, Billing, Trax, Yorkshire Motor Show and Fast & Modified:

Me with it at donny looking like a right chav (i dont know whats happening with the blur on the grill) :

Modded Nats:

YMS:

F&M:

Following the end of summer one thing that had always bugged me was the ride height. The rear was ok due to the subs but the front was too high for my liking. I invested in some FK Silverline Coilovers and then just never got round to fitting them.........until recently:

Muchos better.

I shall carry on updating this as big things are happening atm.

Hope you enjoyed the read

Just got to say thanks to all the guys that have helped me get the car this far you know who you are

[Edited on 18-02-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 27-02-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 15-04-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 14-05-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 21-05-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 21-05-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 14-06-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 14-06-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 15-06-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 15-06-2007 by JonnyJ]

[Edited on 20-07-2007 by JonnyJ]
Whittie

18th Feb 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I LOVE your car.

Without a doubt the best black corsa on the site

Ben G

18th Feb 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis very nice, wish i had enough money to save up for things like that

how much was the semi smooth boot if you don't mine me asking?
M Sutton

18th Feb 07 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Realy like that alot, wasnt shure on the choice of wheels at first, but i have to say, it makes a change from the speedlines or softstars!!
Styling is spot on
JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

Ben: Cheers mate, im not sure how much the guy charged for the boot as it was just included in the price of everything getting fitted and sprayed. At a guess about £200

M Sutton: Cheers matey! I think everyone was a bit at my choice of wheels, they seem to grow on people. Your car is one of my all time favs aswel
k e l

18th Feb 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the wheels chrome or just higly polished they look shiney shiney
JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by k e l
are the wheels chrome or just higly polished they look shiney shiney

Chrome matey! They are a bugger to look after
Buzz

18th Feb 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is one gay looking car.

not as low as mine either.

JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Buzz
I am gay

Too right buzz

Buzz

18th Feb 07 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh

well there goes all my wisdom,knowledge in getting your car back on the road!
JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No more Maccy D's for you then.
k e l

18th Feb 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colour was they when you first got them shadow chrome because they look a different colour. should hav known what colour too as it says in your subject name

[Edited on 18-02-2007 by k e l]
JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by k e l
what colour was they when you first got them shadow chrome because they look a different colour. should hav known what colour too as it says in your subject name

[Edited on 18-02-2007 by k e l]

haha yeah that pic near the top was taken by the shop that got the wheels, the supplier sent the wrong finish but offered me these but i decided to go for chrome in the end
Buzz

18th Feb 07 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

no good without bloody straws tho.

JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Buzz
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

no good without bloody straws tho.

PMSL shouldn't be such a fat bastard and get normal drinks that dont require one!
k e l

18th Feb 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen your car before too just dont know where probably from a show or york raceway if you go there as its near isnt it
JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm if it was a show round yorkshire probably the yorkshire motor show. It was at quite a few shows last year which ive listed above. It wouldnt have been at york raceway, its not very fast.......
k e l

18th Feb 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahah doesn,t matter, hummdunno where from then looks spot on though not a fan of chrome wheels but yours pull it off looks really nice
JonnyJ

18th Feb 07 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate
Dione J

27th Feb 07 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved your car, always have done. Lovely read up!! Wish i had taken pics of mine standard before I started modding
JonnyJ

27th Feb 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers jay. Yeah me too, i never thought my car would go this far really but there you go, luckily whittie did and his standard pics were exacty the same as mine as standard.

Keep an eye out for an update later today........

JonnyJ

27th Feb 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:

erm while we was doing the suspension we had a bit of free time left and, well, this happened:

Nick A

27th Feb 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats happing to the bay cx20e?
JonnyJ

27th Feb 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick A
whats happing to the bay cx20e?

Well, either that or a c20xe
Whittie

27th Feb 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure you should have looked into insurance before you actually put the engine in. Nevermind

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Progress Thread - The Black one with chromes - FIXED AGAIN pg7 23 database queries in 0.0193040 seconds