corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Just bought World of Warcraft

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought World of Warcraft
Tommy L

User status: Offline
13th Feb 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if i've done the right thing apparently its an addictive game and now im scared have a very addictive personality and worried that WoW is going to test it

[Edited on 13-02-2007 by corsa_tomtom1502]
Aaron

13th Feb 07 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought FFS!!!!
Robbo

13th Feb 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
Bought FFS!!!!
Ben G

13th Feb 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
Bought FFS!!!!

everyone seems to do this on here lol. bougth is when you pay for something e.g. got it from a shop. brought means you take something with you e.g. take your wallet to the shops.

and why did you buy that game, its either for kid's or 50 year olds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hfK3RQs2g

hopefully you won't be like that lad any time soon lol.
andy1868

13th Feb 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i played WoW for afew weeks and didn't find it mildly addictive. did you play the 10 day free trial first? or have you just bought the game?
danny_vx

13th Feb 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found WoW boring as fuck, give me a 360 game over it anyday.
Wonderboy

13th Feb 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Wow account for sale PM me for details
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Feb 07 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is very addictive, and you really really shouldnt knock it before trying it. My GF used to call me a geek because I had a PC fullstop! Now she is a wow addict aswell

I've learnt to just play it when I have time now though, as previously I was MAKING time to play it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nohope

14th Feb 07 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good friend of mine has played WOW alot since it was first started. he just moved to paris to work for Blizzard entertainment as a GM in WOW! at his worst period of playing he was like the guy in the film here, but he got abit bored, and took a break after 200+online days of playing
Matt H

14th Feb 07 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C2RL R

14th Feb 07 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules

14th Feb 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WoW is also known as World Of Warcrack as it's so addictive - I've been playing it for about the last 18 months - still love it - still play it - still spend far too much time on it on my days off!

Take today for example - I'm going to do my weekly shop in a bit because the WoW servers are down for their weekly maintance - so by time I've done the shopping, got back and put it all away etc they should be backup, because I know if I could logon now then I would and the shopping wouldn't get done!

I'm tragic!
Tommy L

14th Feb 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got day off tomorrow and friday so going to have a go. hoping i dont like it tbh as i dont want to be addicted
Jules

14th Feb 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get confused by any of it (and you probably will as it's a lot to take in to begin with) then gimme a shout.
Also you need to give it a while for it to draw you in - the first few levels/days of playing can be a bit repetative bu they are needed so you can get a handle on what is what etc etc

My personal preference is that Horde are cool (they are essentially the "bad guys") and the Alliance are a bunch of queers - but I'll let you make your own choice as to what you should roll!
I'm on the Dragonblight server, so if you make a horde char on there you'll be able to talk to me etc etc.....
Tommy L

14th Feb 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my aim is to get to level 14 by the end of tomorrow thats what the guys at work want me to get to but thats a lot of playing
Jules

14th Feb 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Level 14 in a day is a bit of a ask for someone who hasn't played it before and doesn't know what they are doing - I don't doubt it's possible with a bit of help from some high level friends - give it a crack and see how you get on.
I assume your workmates also play WoW?
If so then make a char on the same server as them and the same faction (Alliance or Horde) and get them to help you out

Right I'm off to do the shopping, then play WoW some more!
Tommy L

14th Feb 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea they play and ones on around level 62 iirc. its going to be hard but i can get near it, then it will be good. shopping
RyanSxi

14th Feb 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isn't it wow where a woman died who was a regular so they added her character to a server. hundreds turned up for a virtual funeral and some clan/gang etc ran in and killed every1?
Doug

14th Feb 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are all of GEEK

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by Doug]
Tommy L

14th Feb 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
You are all of GEEK

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by Doug]

i know
Doug

14th Feb 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not joking....

WoW is the deffinition of geek

98% of my course play it (comp sci)
Tommy L

14th Feb 07 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Im not joking....

WoW is the deffinition of geek

98% of my course play it (comp sci)

neither am i ive always associated WoW with being geeky
AdZ9

14th Feb 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the love of god, uninstall it now :-( it will rot your life away if your not careful!

I had a knee operation 2 yrs ago which made me unable to do my karate/football anymore so i started getting into pc's more. I got WoW beta version and i was hooked!
It's not a "geeks" game really as it has its different areas, i was more of a PvP person (fight vs other people) as i liked to annoy the hell out of people. Then i got into the "hardcore" side of the game which meant every weeknight i was playing with my "guild" which luckily got so repetetive i finally sold my account last year (£550) to some italian guy! But after 3months of not having it i decided to try it again but "casually" play it (impossible) so i started again, but thank god when i got to 60 i decided its shit without the equipment i used to have so i quit! I nearly bought the new one the other day just to try it, but i left the shop quickly as i knew it would get me hooked again! :/

Its true what someone has said, you get addicted and you 'make' time to play it, put things off and it sucks you in. I didn't think i would get addicted as i'm not really a 'geek' but its just the game, it looks good and its the basis of building your player up and killing people lol, luckily i got out of it!

i just saw it as something to do in evenings / days off instead of watching TV or films :S

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by AdZ9]
Jules

14th Feb 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adz - you should get The Burning Crusade - YOU WOULD LOVE IT!
Flying mounts, A new race on each faction (Dranei on Alliance and Bloodelves on Horde) - Alliance can now have Shamens and Horde can FINALLY now have Paladins! Oh and FLYING MOUNTS!
Level 70 cap limit, green drop items that tear the arse out of some of the old epic purple stuff - and if you're a PvP person then you should check out the new battleground (Eye Of The Storm) and the Arena PvP stuff (The Arena awards are IMMENSE!).

Oh and the whole Outland world looks A-M-A-ZING!

RE. the funeral thing:
A girl who played WoW and was popular on her realms (which was a PvP realm (where players can kick crap out of each other at anytime)) died in a car crash (I think).
The guild she was in decided that they would hold a ingame funeral for her, all her guild and friends turned up to pay their last respects - then a guild from the opposing faction turned up (as they had pre planned it), and joined the queue to also participate, once they had all pretty much got there they kicked off and a mass brawl ensued!
The guild responsible for the fight (a guild called "Serenity") got slagged to high heaven on all the WoW forums etc etc but they really couldn't care and the exposure their guild got in the WoW world was huge!
I have the full uncompressed video of it on my HDD, I expect it's on youtube somewhere or try and download the uncempressed one if possible as there is some writing at the beginning which you can't read on compressed verions.

Seach for "Serenity Now" video and I'm sure you'll find it

I are of g33k
AdZ9

14th Feb 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Adz - you should get The Burning Crusade - YOU WOULD LOVE IT!
Flying mounts, A new race on each faction (Dranei on Alliance and Bloodelves on Horde) - Alliance can now have Shamens and Horde can FINALLY now have Paladins! Oh and FLYING MOUNTS!
Level 70 cap limit, green drop items that tear the arse out of some of the old epic purple stuff - and if you're a PvP person then you should check out the new battleground (Eye Of The Storm) and the Arena PvP stuff (The Arena awards are IMMENSE!).

which is the exact reason i cant buy it i have a house to pay for and i have to do all my own stuff now so i'd be fucked if i got this! i nearly did though, spoke to a friend who just got it and he nearly persuaded me. Luckily the will power for wanting a new car overpowered it

the game is amazing though, first mmoprg i played and probablly the last as they are more addictive than drugs

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll