corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Central locking problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central locking problem
sussexsport

User status: Offline
13th Oct 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Corsa which has the great standard vauxhall central locking.

Recently come across a bit of a problem where if I lock the drivers door, the passengers door and boot lock and all of a sudden they unlock again. The drivers doors stays locked as I have closed it manually. Its a case of me going round the car and locking everything individually.....

Could someone please tell me what the problem is, I dont think its a solonoid because the passengers door and boot are unlocking, or maybe I'm wrong...!!

many thanks people...
MikeH

13th Oct 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the solenoids will be jamming or sticking a bit.

If the central locking detects too much resistance in locking the doors it fires them back up again.

The fact that your drivers door stays locked might point the finger at that one.

Have a look at them and check they are running smooth, maybe grease them.

Check for loose wires too.
sussexsport

13th Oct 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot for the info.

A job for me at the weekend....

regards,

Chris
markandrewrollason

14th Oct 03 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya

Had the same problem with my corsaB 1.2 sxi. I had to get a new cam from vauxhall,it comes it 2 bits,1 part cost £3 the other was more like £12 !!!

Get down 2 the local vauxhall dealers and they can sell u the bits you need
Be warned it can be quite fiddly !!!

New Poll