corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pioneer DEH6400

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pioneer DEH6400
neiliosxi

User status: Offline
6th Oct 03 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am currently running 1 amp off this and wish to run another, there are two rca's of the back labelled 'front output', is this a 2nd pre out? Would it be best running the sub off this or the front comps?
Sorry i dont have the instructions!
Cheers
Dom

6th Oct 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno the specs off hand but i take it the HU has two RCA's? If so, they are usually labelled front and back and from what ya saying it sounds as if your using the back pre outs. Unless your going to use an amp to power ya speakers in the front, then personally dont use the fron preouts, just daisy chain from the amp you have.
However, you can by all means use the front RCA's, but you wont beable to fade between front and back speakers etc.

Hope this helps
Dom
neiliosxi

6th Oct 03 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks, the 1st pre out that i'm using for the rear amp is on the back of the h/u, the 2nd labelled 1 is 2 weires comin off with red+white connectors.
With the current set up the front rear fader works by dropping the signal to the amp if biased forward and visa versa.
i am wanting to amp the front speakers coz they are well underpowered.
Scotty_B

6th Oct 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure that HU has a RCA Sub-out, my old 7400 did. I thought the only differences between the units was that the 7400 could play MP3s
neiliosxi

7th Oct 03 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scratch scratch (my head that is) I'll have to have a play!

New Poll