corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp for sub/s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp for sub/s
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
6th Oct 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst i save for a second sub i will have one 10" Alpine Type R 1021D, now i need a amp that i can run that singally, and then also use to add the second sub later on.

What will do the job? Preferably i want to keep it alpine.

Cheers
Richie

6th Oct 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ur gonna need the Alpine MRDM300 at £200.
AdiSRI

6th Oct 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no u want the MRD-M500.

Then u can run the 2 2ohm coils in series to get a 4 ohm load to the amp singularly which will give out 250w RMS to the single sub.
Then when u add the second sub (wire them both together in parallel) you will show the amp a 2ohm load and give ouit 500w RMS, 250w to each.

If u use an MRD-M300 with that sub u will only be able to feed the sub 150w RMS as you cannot get a 2 ohm load with two 2 ohm coils. My m8 has this sub too so if u need anymore help u2u me!
Richie

6th Oct 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mistake, i forgot the sub was dual 2 ohm
the_legend_of_yrag

6th Oct 03 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers adi, the subs are 300w rms, will there be a noticable difference with only 250w goin thru em?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp for sub/s 24 database queries in 0.0084960 seconds