corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what sort of probs can i expect lowering 60mm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what sort of probs can i expect lowering 60mm
TomLad

User status: Offline
24th Sep 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive already lowered my corsa b sri 40mm on 195/45/15's. But fancy going lower. Will i have to get rid of mud flaps?, will arches need rolling? will joints and bearings start going more often.

to be fair ive not had many probs with going 40mm, so going 60mm cant be that bad can it??

oh and by the way any1 got any gmax 60mm springs?

thanks
purple_B

24th Sep 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tore off my mud flaps/downpipe heatshield and cat cover with 60mm pi shocks and springs with the same size tyres as u.
if your alloys are no wider than 6.5j ,u shud b alright.

cheers purple_b
kerzo

24th Sep 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would be better getting uprated shocks also coz going down 60mm will shag the standard ones pretty quickly. You can't roll the arches on a corsa as such but you can remove the bolts which will give you a little bit more clearance
M4tt

24th Sep 03 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldn't have n e probs in terms of rubbing as long as your wheels are the correct offset etc..

you probably will begin the wear a few other components a little quicker than usual, like CV joints for intance.

New Poll