corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » the "convince marv to get a new car" thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the "convince marv to get a new car" thread
BigSte

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well worth the money with the amount of work thats gone into it. Still one of my favourite corsa's
Tom

12th Sep 03 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marv i'd say the crx del-sol or a clio 16v

Really starting to like the crx del sol's look sweet with a few bits doen quite quick too dependiong on which engine, expensive insurance tho
vibrio
Banned

12th Sep 03 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
ok for the last 2 months ive done fuck all to my car except harnesses/struts/pod for tv, new centrecaps andd wash it

really bored of it now, grown out of the modded car scene to the stage where im not bothered about driving it, its done 0 miles in 3 weeks AND its NOT in bits for once!!

so.........

im at uni in 12 months, so if i sell and buy a new car it will only be with me 12 months as im not taking it 2 uni (garage it or sell it)

but

id like the new car to have money spent on ICE, engine, and performance as aposed to headlight conversions and kits

got a few ideas:

mk4 golf gti
crx del sol
306 cc 2.0
mr2
astra coupe
fiat punto convertable
320 convertable

i know most r poser cars, but fuck it, im a show off and i do like the attention some times lol. if i get a convertable it will be just after Xmas so i can get it read for spring

or should i hold out, drop the 2.0 in mine, (EVERYTHING is ready bar engine) and give it a new lease of life

was gonna get new kit but i cant b arsed, working 40 hours a week means i got no time for it anymore

i neeeeeed help on this

marv

ps - had it 2.5 years, and i think im ready to sell

[Edited on 09-09-2003 by M2RV H]

[Edited on 09-09-2003 by M2RV H]

PGTF with punto cab are you gay?
M2RTY

12th Sep 03 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
PGTF with punto cab are you gay?

no i am not gay, i just want to hear everyone call me a twat instead of just seeing their lips move
GrahamO

12th Sep 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
hi graham mate, my g/f has a mk3 black golf, shes not had it long and is getting lowered, 17s, and a few subtle bits, i like them a lot. on the way to work i pass loads of mk4 golfs, got to say they do look very nice indeed

my dads got a 2.0t oil burner and it flys, its a big car too and gets silly miles to the gallon!! only thing is his is group 14, and im only 20 still lol

i did this car test on parkers.co.uk and it came up with a bmw coupe 318, had a looksy and u can get full electrics, silver leather, 18s etc for under 5k insurance is about 1300 tho, quite a difference trom 550 on the corsa

how did u hear about this site mate?

ps - looking for offers over 4 on the corsa, thats with tv, coilovers, etc etc, the list goes on and on

marv

Will have to keep an eye out for your lasses Mk3, sounds like she's gonna make it look quite tasty but not OTT!

To be honest with you mate, the 318's sound like an absolute bargain but they aren't cheap to run and not all they're cracked up to be. The badge is a beauty to own but I think longer term the Mk4 would be a much nicer car to actually own.

You may also be pleased to know that you can get 19's on the Mk4 without any arch modification
M2RTY

12th Sep 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GrahamO
Will have to keep an eye out for your lasses Mk3, sounds like she's gonna make it look quite tasty but not OTT!

To be honest with you mate, the 318's sound like an absolute bargain but they aren't cheap to run and not all they're cracked up to be. The badge is a beauty to own but I think longer term the Mk4 would be a much nicer car to actually own.

You may also be pleased to know that you can get 19's on the Mk4 without any arch modification

shes on www.clubgti.com under the username D6NNA (her new plate is similar to this)

19s sound ace, the reason i was gonna get a beema is i wouldnt mod it stupidly like the corsa i have, half of it is made out of fibreglass lol! i might have seen ure car about, any features on it?

not bothered by running costs, only use it on weekends (corsa did 5 mile in last 3 weeks) and i do all engine work myself
Stuckey

12th Sep 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

punto cabs aint bad, get one in blue
M2RTY

12th Sep 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look ok, there a cheap cabby, id like to dump a turbo lump in
GrahamO

12th Sep 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, my car is a totally standard 1.4 on steelies at the moment! I've had it just over a year now and it costs enough just to run it. Saving my pennies though and hopefully by November/December I should be able to get myself some 17's or 18" BBS RC's

It's in *Jazz* Blue, reg T410 ***

I'll have a pop over on clubgti sometime, are there any pictures of her motor up on there mate?
DanielJ

12th Sep 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

punto cabs r cool, thers a red 1 round my way
M2RTY

12th Sep 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah like i say its std at the moment, not had it long, she lives on a farm so cant lower it till the 17s are on as the track is VERY bad, my corsa JUST makes it down, minus one numberplate and a bit of bumper

if you see us about giz a flash

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » the "convince marv to get a new car" thread 23 database queries in 0.0127411 seconds