corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » few questions about gsi's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few questions about gsi's
Kris TD

User status: Offline
5th Sep 03 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the standard handling like on them over a standard lower engined model?

any particular faults too look out for in the engine etc...

do the later ecotec gsis come with the same goodies, ie leccy stuff and abs, pas etc...

whats everyones general opinon on them, its got too the point where my current corsa is becoming too impractical for where i drive, my gf lives in the sticks and the roads are crap, i do a lot of motorway driving and my car too too damn uncomportable for long distances, plus i want something that would look almost standard as ive had my fun with fibreglass
WaNtEd_CoRsA

5th Sep 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gsi only cam wi pas and abs - leccys were an option
vibrio
Banned

5th Sep 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD

shite

yes your head for wanting one

do the later ecotec gsis come with the same goodies, ie leccy stuff and abs, pas etc...

how the fuck should I know I never owned one although I could look at a parkers book for all the info I would need

whats everyones general opinon on them, its got too the point where my current corsa is becoming too impractical for where i drive, my gf lives in the sticks and the roads are crap, i do a lot of motorway driving and my car too too damn uncomportable for long distances, plus i want something that would look almost standard as ive had my fun with fibreglass

good for your granny but people just laugh at you in general

see above
Daimo B

5th Sep 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early GSi's with the C16XE lump are good motors. They later models are like the sport 1.6.

Look out for cam belt tensioners, make sure they've been replaced, or do it straight away, same with cam belt.

I like the early GSi
Sooty
Banned

5th Sep 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are slow
Rob H

5th Sep 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD

shite

yes your head for wanting one

how the fuck should I know I never owned one although I could look at a parkers book for all the info I would need

good for your granny but people just laugh at you in general

see above

A New Jeromy clarkson in the making?
Kris TD

5th Sep 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ross, parkers in highly unreliable, according too it all corsa td's have power steering, well mine doesnt.

first thing i would do is change the belt, tensioners and pulleys, dont trust them, lol.

i like the look of a gsi, and at the end of the day im only 21 and i cant get insured on anything too fast (not that i rag my car anyway), nor afford it as i dont have a high paying job like lots of people on here. if i wanted a quick gsi i would do an engine transplant, maybe a future consideration.
Gucci

5th Sep 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought an L reg one with C16XE engine, was annoying that it came with no electric windows or sunroof but got over it. Mine didn't seem that slow, just depends on what cars you've had before, it's not going to seem quick if you've just sold an R5 turbo or something.
In my opinion they're a good car, just make sure the belt tensioners are replaced, mine went and snapped my cambelt, was left with £600 bill, only had it one day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » few questions about gsi's 23 database queries in 0.0083740 seconds