corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this Possible?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this Possible?
1.6 Sport BadBoy

User status: Offline
1st Sep 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey peeps,

OK, i want to be original and not try to copy mods off others too much so, i was wondering if it is possible to modify a flushed tailgate. to my understanding, the new flush tailgate sits over the original, is this correct Anyway, i would like to have CORSA centred and cut out of the flush tailgate and to cover the hole from the inside out with high density perspects or the likes. Now, where the original number plate recess is, i want to mount a really thin blue neon tube, using the existing numberplate lighting wires and feed an inline switch to the dash.

Does anyone think that this will work or has anyone even done this before?
Anymore suggestions on how this may be achieved are highly welcome

Thanks to all of those who read and reply, any help is greatly appriciated
t44rnt

1st Sep 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds wicked to me mate!!! bet ti will look quality once done
ajscorsa

1st Sep 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sounds really good. could be hard to do though. call a body shop and ask em if its possible.. deff a 1 off mod though aint seen anyone else with it.
1.6 Sport BadBoy

1st Sep 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the comments so far peeps , anyone else got any suggestions on how to do this?
Adam-D

1st Sep 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds gud would have to be have sum time spent onit? so it looked quality not a rushed job
westsidecorsa

1st Sep 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be wicked!! very original, good thinking boss!
Dan_Corsa

1st Sep 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it could be possible if you used a fibreglass panel rather than welding in a metal sheet as the heat from the welding would serious fcuk the neon,but the way it could be done with a welded plate is the neon to be fitter last,by cutting out the back of the original recess from in side the boot mounting the neon on the metal removed and replace it on a little hinge so it could be accessed if needed plus the boot interior trim would cover it so u wouldn't see it unless you removed the trim
Fear

1st Sep 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always wanted to have a perspex window cut out of my tailgate, not very secure though!!!!!!
wezjax

1st Sep 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe illegal tho'??
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

1st Sep 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit like a Honda CRX, sound cool!
1.6 Sport BadBoy

1st Sep 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to check wiith DVLA on that one like, never thought it would pose a problem on its own, knew it would be illegal with neon on. Erm, I'll have to check with my local bodyshops to find out if its possible. Thanks for all the replies guys, never know, someone might do this b4 me and let me know how its done. Anyway, think i'd better start saving coz i reckon its gonna cost a fair bit too do, but will look ace if done the way i imagine it.

cheers
1.6 Sport BadBoy

4th Sep 03 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i Know im bringing this back up again but are there any new suggestions from peeps?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this Possible? 24 database queries in 0.0106981 seconds