corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » GSi Spoiler

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GSi Spoiler
Dan-P

User status: Offline
30th Aug 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a GSi spoiler to go on the back of my club, how much am I looking at paying for one of these and how much would it cost to fit? Am I better off getting it sprayed + fitted at a garage for a nice job if so how much am I looking at?

I don't want try it myself and end up messing it up cos it takes up alot of the rear of the car if you know what I mean.

Dan
MikeH

30th Aug 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People on ebay sell them for about £100 and some of them offer to spray and bake the paint to your requirements for an extra £40.
Dan-P

30th Aug 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate claims he can get it reasonably cheap from vauxhall (Red_Sxi) new. Am I better off having it sprayed and fitted at a garage, how much would this be, any ruff ideas? Cheers. Dan.
whitter45

30th Aug 03 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got quoted £70 just to fit the the spoiler at vauxhall, so i decided to fit it myself. really easy but its best with two people to do it. Oh and it cost me £40 to have it sprayed!
Dan-P

30th Aug 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£40 to be sprayed sounds good! how did you go about fitting it yourself?
whitter45

30th Aug 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically the spolier comes in a pack with some glue type stufff to seal the spoiler. You attach some sticky round (polo type shaped) stickers to the holes of the spolier where the bolts will go. these stickers are double sided. you place the spoiler where you want it on the car. press down hard and the stickers transfer to the car boot. This will provide you with the exact places to drill the boot to attach the spoiler. Once drilled apply the glue stuff to the spoiler and place on car and tighten the bolts. If it has a brake light in the spolier which mine has run the wire through the back quarter panel and it will reappear where your back light clusters are. Remove the bulb holder and find the corect path for the brake light and connect the wire to this path. that way the brake light works aswell. Took about 2 hours max. Just take your time!
shawboy

30th Aug 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
People on ebay sell them for about £100 and some of them offer to spray and bake the paint to your requirements for an extra £40.

which ebay do you go on mate?
ive just got one for my dad off there for £65 includeing p+p
MikeH

30th Aug 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just put me off getting one!

Don't want to drill big holes in my bodywork!!
MikeH

30th Aug 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shawboy: well the last one i saw for £99.95 but that was a while back.

I do tend to look at the 5 door ones as well... maybe the 3 door were £65.
shawboy

30th Aug 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&query=vauxhall+corsa+spoiler&query2=vauxhall+corsa+spoiler&search_option=1&exclude=&category0=&ebaytag1=ebayctry&ebaytag1code=3&ebaycurr=999&minPrice=&maxPrice=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&st=
whitter45

30th Aug 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drilling holes aint the problem mate cos its not as if ur gonna take the spoiler back off. looks way better with a spoiler than without
Dan-P

31st Aug 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help, I think im gonna have to get it sprayed + fitted at a garage cos I don't wanna cock up.
whitter45

31st Aug 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate trust me u wont cock it up if ur careful. I couldnt justify paying £72 to fit it mate thats all. its up to u mate
Dan-P

31st Aug 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I agree paying for it to be sprayed is worth it, the drilling bit puts me off, how much drilling is needed? cheers whitter. Dan
whitter45

31st Aug 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 on either side mate and 2 at the top. all you have to do is get the correct drill size and off u go. i would say you need two people cos one of u can hold the spoiler on while you check its in the right place. once happy press down and the stickers with the exact hole size are in place on the boot. just drill the middle bit where the hole is on the sticker. Understand ur concern i was forced to do it cos money was tight but im glad i did now cos it wasnt that hard of a job.
Its up to u. if u can afford ot then get it fitted. If not do it ur self. £70 could buy u something else for ur car-or a night out!!!!
Dan-P

1st Sep 03 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill see what im quoted then decide cheers mate

New Poll