corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO peeps with 2.0L 16V

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO peeps with 2.0L 16V
Gary GSi

User status: Offline
   25th Aug 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got my PVd kit now getting engine on saturday. Did any of you get stuff changed and uprated before you put engine in. Stuff like main bearings , big end bearings , rod bolts , cam belt etc ???
Just wondering if its worth it before engine goes in.
miles

25th Aug 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have the engine on a stand its much easier to change the bits off the engine. I would imagin the cam belt would be a pain in situ due to lack of clearence.

Main and be bearings can be done with engine and crank in situ, but would be easier (especially mains) on an engine stand. Rod bolts can easily be changed at the same time as the be's.
and-m

25th Aug 03 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id at least change cambelt/water pump/thermostat and also give the engine a full service.

New Poll