corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My next Car - GTI-6 or HDI?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My next Car - GTI-6 or HDI?
Phil Tolley

User status: Offline
24th Aug 03 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look on here mate if you're interested. We're a friendly bunch, honest!

306gti6.com

Plenty of things to look out for when buying, cambelts have a tendancy to go, air con probs with the GTi-6... the list goes on, but it's worthwhile... they're great fun.

A Rallye is about 70kg's lighter because of the lack of A/C, leccy windows/mirrors, no leather/suede interior and a few other things. Depends what you're after. If your after speed, with luxury then go for the 6, if you want to chop .5sec of your 0-60 and don't mind winding your windows up and down manually then get a Rallye

[Edited on 24-08-2003 by Phil Tolley]
alnmcn

25th Aug 03 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks phil, i think the i would prefer the 6 over the rallye, plus the rallye's are a bit more rare so my choice would be more restricted.

I'll take a look at the web site just now.
Recaro1

25th Aug 03 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rallyes came in red, black and white and only 500 were made.

I've got a GTi-6 and at the moment it is the best car I've owned. Its fast, handles well, has loads of extras (A/C,Leather,etc) parts are easy to get hold of.

But they do have bad points and finding a minter can be hard. The electrics arnt the best and theres a few common faults. The website phil gave you has the most info. I'm on there (same username)
Phil Tolley

25th Aug 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't regret buying one. Any car can go fast in a straight line... but the GTi-6/Rallye is renowned for it's superb handling. A Rallye was actually a second quicker round Avon Park race track compared to a Civic Type R - goes to show you don't need near on 200 brake to have a quick car.
alnmcn

25th Aug 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just joined the GTI-6 site and was in the insurance section. Managed to get a better quote from elephant, they quoted me £1384 but i seen that one of the other lads on the site added his mum to the policy as a named driver and the premium came down in price so i gave it a go. The premium dropped to £1240 or something like that! I thought this was pretty good (i am 22 with no NCD).

I'm not going to rush into buying one, just wait for one at a good price. What could i expect for £5500? Looking for low-ish miles no more than 65000?
CORSA NUT

25th Aug 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look on the Auto Trader site mate there are loads!!! Do a nationall search though as you may have to travell for the right one
alnmcn

25th Aug 03 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i have been looking regularly but for an extra £1000 there seems to be a much wider choice, hmm..... i might just need to save for a wee while more!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My next Car - GTI-6 or HDI? 23 database queries in 0.0107181 seconds