corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dastek is on... got some problems/questions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dastek is on... got some problems/questions...
Simon L

User status: Offline
   9th Aug 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i took the car in to the garage the car was running fine, idled fine, exhaust was clean, no hesitation when accelerating. Everything was good.

Got a power run done and it was down on power, by quite a bit, big flat spot at 3k revs. Found this unusal.

Then got a run with the dastek on (mapped, etc...) and it showed a large increase, and it fixed the flat spit at 3k.

But... it idled up and down, and on the way home white smoke was coming from the exhaust when sitting at idle. And when i put my foot to the floor, there seemed to be half a second of hesitations before the car got going.

So got home and took the dastek out of the loop, and reset the ECU, so the ECU was running everything. White smoke went away, idled better, but now its running rich, exhaust is black.

When i first start it up, idle is allover the place, like it is searching, but once driven for 5 minutes is fine. Not perfect but okay. The engine management light is not on. So a bit confused.

Lat time it was like this it was the lambda sensor, but the engine management light came on.

So its booked into citroen to get the ECU checked on monday. Hopefully its just a sensor problem.

Anyone got any guess as to what the problem may be?

Could an extremely hot and humid day account for a drop in bhp?

And what would be causing the white smoke at idle with the dastek on?

And what are possible causes of it running rich with the ECU controling everything?
vibrio
Banned

9th Aug 03 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to henry if there is a problem with the car. he mapped it. what was your figure?

Simon L

9th Aug 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be going back to henry

but want to see if there is anything wrong with the rest of the car first, as it was running perfect before it went it. So anything that went wrong, went wrong whilst he was working on it.

he said he will remap it free, as well he should.

will wait and see what the ecu check says.

i saw about an 8bhp gain on the shitty bhp figure from the first run. but i was down quite a lot on what i should be.
vibrio
Banned

9th Aug 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

graph?
paul_spurrell

9th Aug 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have't a fucking clue what your on about (due to being pissed) but when you fuck about with cars it can fuck up idle. Let me just add another FUCK
Simon L

9th Aug 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, they were saved, but i didnt take printouts
Simon L

9th Aug 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a huge drop at 3k, it just went horizontal, then picked up again at 4k on the first run.

the dastek sorted this.

it showed a good gain all through the range. i'll be happy if the same gain is achieved on it when running proper.
Simon L

15th Aug 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found the problem.

intermittant fault in the lambda sensor.

new one being fitted on tuesday and getting a re-map.
vibrio
Banned

16th Aug 03 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dastek is on... got some problems/questions... 23 database queries in 0.0105312 seconds