corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tightening Wheel Bearing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tightening Wheel Bearing
Novamad

User status: Offline
   8th Aug 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my MOT the mechanic told me that my drivers rear wheel bearing was loose (on 'finger' tight). Could anyone tell me how to tighten it?
Kris TD

8th Aug 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should be finger tight.
OzzySRi

8th Aug 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tighten the nut moderately, then back it off. tighten it up again just enough to engage the bearing.

u'll know if its loose when the wheel is on, with one hand on the top of the wheel n one on the bottom, push n pull (if u get what i mean).. there should be no lateral movement of the wheel. beware tho, an over tight bearing will live a short life.

New Poll