corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got me bits on, nice n loud

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got me bits on, nice n loud
GIBBS

User status: Offline
8th Aug 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The RX7 is not a SUPRA!!!!
the wastegate just cannot handle the higher performance and more exhaust gases, just by fitting a restrictor plate and boost controller will NOT stop creep! again i say.. this is NOT a supra or a Skyline, i have a mate with a supra running at 500bhp now.. he has full three flowing and no boost creep at all. Totally different to rx7.
to totally stop boost creep u need a different turbo setup with a large external wastegate.
GIBBS

8th Aug 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup they normally run TO4E's on their single turbo set ups.. theres a bloke down my way with gullwing doors full kit, 7k motec ecu ported everything done etc.. even got his fuel tank remade so he can have a exhaust out the otherside.. he's running... wiat for it... wait for it.... 2x TO4E's!! ONE FOR EACH ROTOR!!! MAD!!
GIBBS

8th Aug 03 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NISMO.. can u measure the hks hiper pipe diameter (not tailpipe) please, i have 4" piping on mine at mo and want something with the same width pipe.

ta
matt
Blazer

8th Aug 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a bodykit on it
Welsh Dan

8th Aug 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the RX7's you aren't really supposed to run more than a cat back exhaust and air filters without changing the ecu. As gibbs said, the rx7's run lean with the cat taken out and a down pipe, so an ecu is essential. Ask anyone who knows anything about tuning an rx7
vibrio
Banned

8th Aug 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought a turbo was a turbo. boost creep is because the actuator is slowly opening the wastegate.

if you remove back pressure your boost goes up which is why he is running 1 bar rather than 0.68bar. if you fit an intercooler the charge temp will go down and make the car safe to run.

best to get both ECU and intercooler at the same time
Nismo

8th Aug 03 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GIBBS
NISMO.. can u measure the hks hiper pipe diameter (not tailpipe) please, i have 4" piping on mine at mo and want something with the same width pipe.

ta
matt

it is 4" bore
GIBBS

8th Aug 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I would have thought a turbo was a turbo. boost creep is because the actuator is slowly opening the wastegate.

if you remove back pressure your boost goes up which is why he is running 1 bar rather than 0.68bar. if you fit an intercooler the charge temp will go down and make the car safe to run.

best to get both ECU and intercooler at the same time

the problem with the rx7's vib is that the wastegate cannot open enough for the exhasut gases.. it cannot get rid of it all and thus not being able to control the amount of gases going to the turbo thus spinning more then it shud thus boost creep

GIBBS

8th Aug 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:

ta
matt

it is 4" bore

u 100% mate? hav u measured it for me? just need to be 100% sure befoe i buy one
get a sound file of it idling revving and driving

Matt
Grim Reaper

8th Aug 03 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car mate, love RX-7's.
GIBBS

8th Aug 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where u from nismo? u shoudl come bluewater with me , nick, andy, and a mate wit s2k and pose ya car next to mine
Nismo

8th Aug 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:

ta
matt

it is 4" bore

u 100% mate? hav u measured it for me? just need to be 100% sure befoe i buy one
get a sound file of it idling revving and driving

Matt

ill measure it after work , but the guy working on it said hes put a 4" system all the way back to downpipe.

im from Bristol way South west.

[Edited on 08-08-2003 by Nismo]
kinkycorsa

8th Aug 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lookin gd nath
Nismo

8th Aug 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got me bits on, nice n loud 23 database queries in 0.0141809 seconds