corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone running 15 x 7J et 35???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone running 15 x 7J et 35???
TOMAS

User status: Offline
7th Aug 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With plans to go euro im looking to import some wheels from Germany. Trouble is im lowered 60+mm at the back and im wondering if 15 x 7 and et35 with 195/45 falcon rubber will give enough clearance? Anyone ever ran a similar setup?? Cheers...
Gambit

7th Aug 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran 6J lowered 40mm on 195/45, and had do so a slight bit of arch bashin

i reckon 7j on 60mm will need serious arch bashing unless u put it big bumpstops

also, where are u importing from & how much are they costing you?
TOMAS

7th Aug 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im assuming you are on about et 35 too with your 6j rims? I cant believe you had to do arch work on a 6" rim? with 40mm drop!! Cant use big bumpstops, im using a spax kit with a fixed bumpstop, going for all-out mutts nutts for handling...

Im speaking with Dubmeister who should do all the transactions in Germany for me. Looking to go for Brock B2's. I did want 14's but the offset is like et 25 or something!!! If im mad enough I'll go for 3-piece Schmits but at £850 for a set of 14's i'd need my head testing...

Anyone else running similar setup as above...
TOMAS

7th Aug 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
GLSi GUY

7th Aug 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm running 15x205 with 195/45 rubber ET40 i think
tires scrub on the rear arches when i have 3 people in the back. but i still have standard suspension. looking to get it lowered 60mm
TOMAS

7th Aug 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 x 205? im assuming thats 15 x 7 inches et 40? well thats the same size as im after with et 35 though!! had 17's b4 lowered 60mm ok but im wanting 14's or 15's now but they have a silly offset!! Its pissing me off, does ANYONE make TRUE euro wheels with a corsa friendly offset!!
GLSi GUY

7th Aug 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it wouldnt be euro-style if the offset was corsa friendly. you want small wide wheels, with tires 'stretched' over the rim. and the wheels sticking out, but the tires just under the arches.

Rob
TOMAS

8th Aug 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not so fussed as to wanting to 'stretch' the tyres. Basically i want a SLAM! thats why im wanting to go with 14's - even lower to the ground. If they stick out a lot then a slam wouldnt really be possible without some major arch work. Ive nocked the arches out, trimmed and de-bolted from when i had 17's. An 8" wide 14 would give my arches GRIEF!
TOMAS

9th Aug 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
boyracer2002

9th Aug 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was running 15 x 7 with 195/50/15 tyres lowered 40mm and it was fine, slight bit of arch work but nothing which anyone couldnt do.

Worked fine no catching
TOMAS

10th Aug 03 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but what offset mate?
Lazarus1

10th Aug 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As someone said before 15x7j won't be euro style.But as you mentioned that you have nocked,trimmed,de-bolted the arches you won't have problems with a 60mm drop and ET35 195/45/15 wheels.Personaly i think it's gonna look good.Here's a pic of my car from the back.It's lowered 40mm with 15x7j ET38 wheels and 195/50 tyre.Arches have been de-bolted and nocked out to avoid rubbing.

infinitycorsa

10th Aug 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IVE DONE THE SAME AS THE CHAP ABOCE RUNNIG -40MM ET 35

TOMAS

11th Aug 03 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lazarus I cant see the pictures, just a Fortune logo??
Ok so I feel pretty safe that I can get away with 15 x 7 et35, but i dont want that now if its not considered 'euro'? If people REALLY dont think its euro then i'll need some 8 x 15's or 8 x 14's then, forget any questions about 'will that scrub?' cos 8" wide alloys et35 CERTAINLY will...
Lazarus1

11th Aug 03 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well from what i know a real euro look is 7x14 front and 8x14 at the back with ET25.Now i'm no expert but with an offset like that and 8inch wide wheel you must have a very stiff suspension.Also a 60mm drop just wont cut it.In order to fill those arches lets say if you have 14inch wheels with say 205/40/14? tyre you must go 80-90mm.
TOMAS

11th Aug 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can go down that low on the front if I change the bumpstops on my coilovers but with the wheels sticking out i'd say its imposible to go that low because the outer arch will scrub on the main tread of the tyre?? Thanks for the help guys? Is their some programme available that will convert German to English and vica versa so that I can go on some german boards and ask for help?
Gambit

11th Aug 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what else do u need to know?? everything has been explained above
TOMAS

11th Aug 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to know if anyone makes 7 x 14's and 8 x 14's dished style that have an offset of somewhere near et35 - et40. NOT et 18/20 etc. I can get 8" wides on with stretched tyres with a massive drop and less arch work if they are more like a vauxhall offset. I know Brock dont, RH dont, just trying to find out about Schmidt TH's right now...
Gambit

11th Aug 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need a set of split rims
TOMAS

11th Aug 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why split rims? Do you mean they would be better in terms of style or fitment options? The Schmidt TH are a 3-piece alloy wheel. They are the best quality I have EVER seen but ive been quoted £240 PER wheel in 14" fitment, not that much more for 15" if I choose them, thats importing from germany.
Lazarus1

11th Aug 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just woundering,wouldn't an 8inch wide wheel with et35-40 touch the inner arch and the shocks?
TOMAS

12th Aug 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing the math et40 would catch but et35 MIGHT just give enough clearance? et30 would be best, so then looking at it the wheels ive seen in et 25/28 14 x 8 would fit inside ok.... Cheers for all the help guys. I think you guys are best to leave this one to me now, just got to pull my finger out and buy the bloody things, worry about the arches when they catch...

New Poll