corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car regulations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car regulations
Rob H

User status: Offline
   24th Jul 03 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it that something can pass through an MOT fine, yet the Police can pull you over as your driving out the MOT centre and fine you for something on the car? Examples are stuff like using different fonts on number plates. If there easy to read, you can pass an mot with them, but if the police pull you, they can fine you for not using the correct font on your number plates .

All seems stupid to me

While im on the subject, does anyone know the size that numberplates have to be? Ive cut mine down, so that there smaller than standard, but i recon im gonna get hassel for them, even though there legal according to the DVLA site, and they'd pass through an MOT .
AJP

24th Jul 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

number plates can be any size so long as the letters are the legal size.
Drew
Banned

24th Jul 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs cause it should have failed the mot but the tester was leanient (sp) and the police wasnt
vibrio
Banned

24th Jul 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
Why is it that something can pass through an MOT fine, yet the Police can pull you over as your driving out the MOT centre and fine you for something on the car? Examples are stuff like using different fonts on number plates. If there easy to read, you can pass an mot with them, but if the police pull you, they can fine you for not using the correct font on your number plates .

All seems stupid to me

While im on the subject, does anyone know the size that numberplates have to be? Ive cut mine down, so that there smaller than standard, but i recon im gonna get hassel for them, even though there legal according to the DVLA site, and they'd pass through an MOT .

then you tke the PC ID number and you complain about him. don;t pay the fine
Rob H

24th Jul 03 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
probs cause it should have failed the mot but the tester was leanient (sp) and the police wasnt

No there is nothing in the MOT saying you have to have a specific font. Only that the number plate is easily recognisable, not trying to disguise the identity of the car, the characters are correctly spaced, and that the plate is free from defects.

Just it seems stupid that the system will allow you to get a certificate sayin the car is legally road worthy, but then you can get done for summat that passed the MOT

[Edited on 24-07-2003 by Rob H]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car regulations 23 database queries in 0.0084209 seconds