corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you lower the car at the back?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you lower the car at the back?
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jul 03 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How to lower the Rear????? make a load of fat bastards sit in the back!
ainsley_brader

26th Jul 03 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave Hay its got nothing to do with being dangerous undoing a strut top bolt without compressing the spring is dangerous and stupid. If you wish to do it that way then fine but you shouldnt encourage other people too.
How much are spring compressors? £20? how much do you value your sight?

I have never stripped the bottom threads on the bottom of the dampers. Unless you cross thread it you will do no more damage with an air gun than with a bar!

Ains
AdamF
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hay
i did mine no problem without spring compressors.... whats the problem without using them???

take off strut in a one-er, lay strut flat on ground and undo top bolt. in saying that i do have access to an air line though...

so if you dont have an air line you could cause some serious damage......

and using an air gun on suspension bolts (the bolts at bottom of dampers) strips the threads.

[Edited on 25-07-2003 by Dave Hay]

no it wont mate i do this everyday and ive never striped a thread
Dave Hay

26th Jul 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough ive just been warned against it..... by a few mechanic mates whoved worked on many a lowered car to say the least

everyone has there own techniques. and loosing your sight??? did you read how i said how to undo top bolt?? wtf are you doing having your face laying on floor on something?? i undid my standard suspension to put in my current set up and i can still see.

i acknowledge you gotta proceed with caution though. if your scared pay some1 £30 as said.
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a couple of bricks in the boot!
daz_SRi

28th Oct 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know somebody from my time as a mechanic who had a spring compressor slip and the spring smacked him in the face, he now has 2 false top front teeth and a weird looking nose.

He took the garage where he was working for at the time to court because the compressors were unsafe, yet the manager insisted he used them, why he didnt refuse to do the job i dont know.
ed

28th Oct 06 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A: You don't use spring compressors for rear springs.

B: This thread is over 3 years old.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll