corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Pug 106 Gearbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Pug 106 Gearbox
Craig6682

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong with the gearbox in my Peugeot 106. It doesn’t seem to go into reverse without making a crunching noise, stalls all the time when moving off in 1st, have a problem pushing it into 3rd and 4th just seems to be non existing as it just crunches but won’t go in. Do you think the gearbox is fucked or could it just be the clutch? I’m gonna take it into a garage tomorrow but just don’t want them to rip me off and say the engine has gone or something mad like that. I’ve looked under the car and can’t see any oil leaks from both idle and with the engine ticking over. The engine sounds fine although on tic over it does sound a bit up and down, it’s hard to explain really what sound it makes.

Thanks all, ANDI.

[Edited on 23-07-2003 by Boyrac3r]

Adam

23rd Jul 03 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clutch by the sounds of it, but seeing as it takes 20 mins to get the box off and stripped it's worth a look for any broken teeth
Kayleigh

23rd Jul 03 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep sounds like clutch.
Kayleigh

23rd Jul 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S. - How old is it? If its an early one then u can play with the adjustment yourself, if it's a late one then it has automatic adjustment which has a habit of going wroong anyway - in which case you would need a new cable as the adjuster is built into it.

[Edited on 23-07-2003 by Kayleigh]
Craig6682

23rd Jul 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Adam and Kayleigh. I'm gonna take it in tomorrow and get it sorted, just didn't want to get ripped off as i haven't a clue.
Craig6682

23rd Jul 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's on an R reg (1997.) It's one of the newer models.
Kayleigh

23rd Jul 03 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm poretty sure R reg will have auto adjustment. 306's deffo did by then
Craig6682

23rd Jul 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mum has a 306 and she has trouble getting hers in reverse sometimes. Hers is on a Y reg (dunno year.) This is what is making me think it is the gearbox. Maybe Pugs just have dodgy gearboxes.

Kayleigh

23rd Jul 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it making u think its the gearbox??? It's more than likely the clutch adjuster. On 306's it goes tits up because it's right at the bottom of the bulkhead and lets dirt in over time and siezes.
Craig6682

23rd Jul 03 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got a clue about cars, i'm more of a computer guy myself. This is my first car you see and it's gone wrong like less than a week of having it.
nik

23rd Jul 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably fucked because you've been ragging the car everywhere saying you've done 35-40 etc in first gear which prob doesn't help
Craig6682

23rd Jul 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your prob right mate. I'll hav 2 get it sorted tho. I'll let u all kno wot haps bout it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Pug 106 Gearbox 23 database queries in 0.0311072 seconds