corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » someones just driven in to my car!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author someones just driven in to my car!!!
brummiesxi

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back in the country six hours and a someone decides to reverse in to my front bumper causing some bad scraches!! not happy! now i need advice on the paint repair!! have sanded the area using 800 and 1500 grit wet and dry, works a treat, got one of those crappy paint repair kits from halfords, trouble is the paint work is realy dull now( matalic arden blue)
giving it a final rub down with 1500 grit soon will re-laquering the surface after a good polishing help??
leafgreencorsa

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know if I really understand what you've done. Have you just sanded it and it's dull or have you got a dull finish after applying paint (and clear lacquer) ? First suggest you just polish an area with T-Cut then wax, this should sort out dulling due to 1500 grit wet or dry paper. Should also sort if it's new lacquer's that has dried dull. If any blue paint comes off with the T-Cut you've sanded back too far and gone through the clear top coat. In this case you may find just a re-lacquer will get you over it otherwise it's a proper re-paint job.

New Poll