corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pug 205 1.9 Gti Info

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pug 205 1.9 Gti Info
Gambit

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody got any specific info on what to look for when buying one of these

so far apart from the general car rules, i've only been able to find that the rear calipers are prone to seizing, and rust along the bottom of the rear window

the car is a 89, Met Black, with 90k on it, bodywork totally mint, no rust whatsoever & he only wants £500 for it

i'll be on the pug boards also, but just wondering if anybody on here has had any run in's/tales of woe with them

Cheers,
Craig
nik

23rd Jul 03 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a good price I'd go for it Really fun cars, not sure what to look for tbh
Tom

23rd Jul 03 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mates brohter used to have one, really fun to drive, bit his had a slippy back end for sum reason...

Just make sure the engine is up to scratch, his was battered, my sri was beating him in end

If bdoywork etc etc is fine and it feels fast go for it
Cybermonkey

23rd Jul 03 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the usual checks though craig. Check for smokey engine since there is a good chance its been thrashed to high buggery. Did you know that the Pug 205 1.9 still has the highest death toll for each car on uk roads today?
Gambit

23rd Jul 03 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are known for the back end catching people out, aren't as predictable as other cars on the road.

i'm expecting it to have a bit of a thrashing anyhow.

trying to find out a bit more info about the rear suspension (torsion bar setup) as if these are banjaxxed then it's very expensive to fix
big eck

23rd Jul 03 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its been lowered check along the top of the rear windows as they crack right along as far as the boot and also chech along the top of the sill where it meets the rear quarter panel as they crack there also.
Craig6682

23rd Jul 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno bout these Pugs. My 106 after a week of owning has a serious gearbox fault.
stuyw

23rd Jul 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8s got a 1.9 n they are really quick for a little car - if u can find a minter then they are worth having, but its trying to get hold of a decent one

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pug 205 1.9 Gti Info 23 database queries in 0.0073791 seconds