corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cleaning the K&N Air Filter???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cleaning the K&N Air Filter???
Paul_J

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 03 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at my engine bay today I noticed my K&N filter had loads of trash in it (leaves, muck etc...) how do you clean this? do you need any special stuff or can I just rince it with water?

Paul J
-Aliba-

22nd Jul 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy a K&N cleaning kit for about 10bucks from halfords. It consists of two bottles, a cleaning spray and an oil.

By rinsing it, you'll remove the dirt etc, but you'll likely damage the filter itself. Better buying the kit bud.
stuyw

22nd Jul 03 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u normally clean it with water then re-oil it with the k&n oil to keep the crap out
-Aliba-

22nd Jul 03 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i forgot to menyion that. Part of the process is rinsing it with water, but thats after the cleaning fluid has been dribbled through it. And its "rinsed" NOT power washed as this will damage the filter. Just water itself wont remove all the dirt n grit i dont think.

New Poll