corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which Springs for Wheels 17?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which Springs for Wheels 17?
Trojillo

User status: Offline
   15th Jul 03 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which and the best height of the springs, to use wheels 17 in a Corsa? 40mm? or 60mm? Have a game of wheels of the TSW Fly 17x7 ET 40 with tires 205/40ZR17 I I would have problem in catching in the chassis? debtor

Tanks
Icy

15th Jul 03 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will catch because it is et40

for 17" you wil need at least et45
u can go -60mm with 17" et45-49
Kris TD

15th Jul 03 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, you wont be able to lower that atall unless u decide to completely cut up your archs.
Trojillo

17th Jul 03 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
yes, you wont be able to lower that atall unless u decide to completely cut up your archs.

??? as and the process to cut archs. ???? what they are archs?
mav

17th Jul 03 at 03:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U will need to take arch covers off above the wheels..Black bits or gsi etc has body coloured. And metal arches underneath would need to be rolled / cut to accomadate wheels in that offset.

More hassle than it is worth. better to get other wheels.
Trojillo

17th Jul 03 at 03:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the arcs of the front mine corsa, already do not possess more screws or either they are glue so that she does not scrape in the front tires, but exactly thus when I to place wheels 17 with offset or either ET 40 she goes to continue catching?

quote:
Originally posted by mav
U will need to take arch covers off above the wheels..Black bits or gsi etc has body coloured. And metal arches underneath would need to be rolled / cut to accomadate wheels in that offset.

More hassle than it is worth. better to get other wheels.

mav

17th Jul 03 at 03:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U will get more probs on the rear of the car mate....Rear arches will need work. Will catch onlip of arch with et40
Trojillo

17th Jul 03 at 03:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahahaha cool and that the back of mine corsa I shortened exo back, places the back brakes of the Golf, being thus 17x7,5 can ties to enter wheels in the back part that I will not have problems to scrape, and to help I also struck for I am and I took off the screws of the arcs...

quote:
Originally posted by mav
U will get more probs on the rear of the car mate....Rear arches will need work. Will catch onlip of arch with et40
Kris TD

17th Jul 03 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, i have et 45 17's and i had to destroy the rear archs too stop them rubbing. and i had to limit the rear suspention travel as they hit the inner arch. only way you would get away with them is if you have a full wide arch kit.

New Poll