corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » The Race is on!!!! << help)!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Race is on!!!! << help)!
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jul 03 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just bunna be a 0-60 race!
Kris TD

11th Jul 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove everything then, spare wheel etc.. let your front tyres down a tad, lol.
SXIBOYO

11th Jul 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeh pull everything out and dont eat before it and make sure he has the biggest maccy d's ever!
DangerousDave16v

11th Jul 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont look at the rev counter , the power wont be at redline ,and also practice yer clutch from standstill
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Jul 03 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maccy d's lol

dont worry guys! it will be for for fun! i know that the best time to change gear in mine is at 5500 rpm! wish me luck!
BU52G*S

12th Jul 03 at 03:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey man when you going to race him and where i might take a look if it is near me and 1.3 civic is nothing
the only civic can beat you is the EF civic which is the old model one cost they are super light and 1.5 ESi which has a small Vtec and 1.6 UK VTi/Jap Sir which has a big Vtec the different between the small and big is the mid range the big one is much faster
BU52G*S

12th Jul 03 at 03:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go and kick the civic arse
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Jul 03 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i live up in leeds so i will be racing some were there. not travellin miles just to kick his arse and come home! .. actually i shouldnt say shit like that coz he will probably win!
the_legend_of_yrag

12th Jul 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NotMyCorsa
You can get the stats from http://www.parkers.co.uk Go to the car reviews section and then choose ya car, then select performance and consumption...enjoy!

Beware Parkers publish the manufacturers figures, they sometimes under rate their cars though...my lude is spose to have a top end of 140mph, i have had 147mph so far. Jus take them as a rough guide. If the figures are closely matched then give him a go!

Aparantly parkers arn't very accurate
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Jul 03 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
quote:
Originally posted by NotMyCorsa
You can get the stats from http://www.parkers.co.uk Go to the car reviews section and then choose ya car, then select performance and consumption...enjoy!

Beware Parkers publish the manufacturers figures, they sometimes under rate their cars though...my lude is spose to have a top end of 140mph, i have had 147mph so far. Jus take them as a rough guide. If the figures are closely matched then give him a go!

Aparantly parkers arn't very accurate
thanks that puts a whole lot of confidence in me!
stelfe

14th Jul 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the work m8, says he got 128 out of his goin down a hill and 122 on the flat? Could this be true! its totally standard

128 out of a standard 1.3

imo...racing is all about whos got the bigger b*ll*x @ the end of the day, dont matter if his car is slightly quicker, its if you got the bottle to do the corners quicker...
whilst on my way to werk i had a lil bit of fun in me 2.0 16v gte with a new mini cooper we was up to 120's along this straight then i done this long left bend @ about 115, he backd off to about 90's and i was like "cya"

lil tip for ya tho... if ya get in front of him and he rite up ya ass try using ya left foot on the brake real lightly just enuf for ya brake lights to come on without slowing you down, this should make him step on his brakes, cos he be thinking you slowing down
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jul 03 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea nice idea!
Adam-D

14th Jul 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just turn your fogs on red lights make ppl instictivly slow up
c'mon race him already
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jul 03 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ill organise it 2day..
matt_jonesuk

14th Jul 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do mate is cut the brake cable rev ur engine hard then watch him fly off then when he gets to the first corner he'll come off the road and then u can jus cruise past and win.

you'll be sure to win it
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jul 03 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and ill kill him!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll