corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » More computer help - DVI/VGA ports

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author More computer help - DVI/VGA ports
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Jul 03 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a video card has both a DVI and VGA out, is it possible to use a DVI-VGA convertor and end up with two VGA outs and thus two monitors?
l33t corsa

User status: Offline
9th Jul 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The answer is most likely to be yes.. all video cards with 2 sockets on computers I've worked on could do it. My ATI 9700 even came with the dvi-vga adaptor specifically for this purpose. The only way to guarantee it would be look on the gfx card's manufacturer's web site though.

[Edited on 09-07-2003 by l33t corsa]
Sam
Premium Member

9th Jul 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is DVI?
l33t corsa

9th Jul 03 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC it's a digital connection from a video card to a display device... basically it avoids the digital to analogue process, so reducing the chance of quality loss. It's mainly used with LCD monitors.

DOn't take my word for it though
marc_gtir

9th Jul 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't think so Ian - if a GC has two DVI out's or two ANALOGUE outs then you can use these to display to two monitors. If you've got one of each then I'd think that you'd only be able to choose one or the other IMO.

Check on the net to see if ur card supports dual display.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Jul 03 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all. I'll have to get in the docs and find out what card it is. I bought a card to do it with the system but when I opened it, saw I might not need it.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Jul 03 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes prety sure of this, I'm going to be ordering a new card soon with normal VGA plus a DVI, which comes with a converter so I can have a dual setup.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » More computer help - DVI/VGA ports 23 database queries in 0.0062900 seconds