corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Unemployment coz of fraud

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unemployment coz of fraud
leni

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 03 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just asking people advise on my current situation!
I've been told that it will be hard to find cash to pay me this month from my employers! I work for a community development company and started the job last August on a 12 month contract or until the money ran out, which ever lasted longer! My bosses are saying that theirs no money left in my budget but when I've checked almost 8k has gone missing!
The project got £28k funding in the last year and only 18k has been spent (18 was in April, I've been paid twice since then and been on training courses etc)
I've asked for a meeting to discuss this but has anyone any advice?
leni
Kerry

3rd Jul 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who funded it?? surely they will want some documention from the people handling the funds as to where the money was spent !!!!
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look for another job and tell the police I suppose
leni

3rd Jul 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is I will still have a part-time job with this company. I work there with 2 seperate roles!
Hull City Council gave 18k for me to do a community consultation which resulted in a new council policy being introduced! Other bits were donations and funds but the funders no longer exist!

pissing me off! Didn't give me much notice have they!
Ben
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

court =mega bucks , a contract is a contract , if they do anything that was not in the contract , or shud of done something in the contract which they have not done they r liable for a BIG fine .

if i was u i would contact a solicitor and sue the MUTTTTTEEEERRR FUCCCKKKERRRS , shamone!!!
Leo

4th Jul 03 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Leni.... still not worked it out yet, hope the meeting went ok today.

Leanne
Donna Corsa GSi

4th Jul 03 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what u've said its stated in your contract that when the money runs out then thats it, the contract comes to an end. They should still pay you for any money you're owed ie salary owed, 1 weeks notice (minimum) and any holiday entitlement accrued. Apart from that its just a simple fact of the company can't afford to pay you, so its basically a redundancy. And its only a statutory requirement of 1 weeks notice.

I may be wrong but thats what i can make out from what uve put
Rob

4th Jul 03 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

donna
they said 12 months contract from august 2002 or whenever the money runs out whichever is lasts the LONGEST
Donna Corsa GSi

4th Jul 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but its not illegal to make someone redundant if the position no longer exists or theres no money. No matter what the contract states if the company runs out of money they are legally entitled to make redundancies. Obviously if the money has run first then the contract ends.

Donna Corsa GSi

4th Jul 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leni had put on a 12 month contract OR until the money run out, which is whats happened. I bet it doesn't say anything about longest in the contact.
Nismo

4th Jul 03 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a fluffer if you interested leni
leni

4th Jul 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ain't too bothered about having to look for another job, the company has informed me today that they are searching for money in the whole companies budget to keep me on. I take their word for it!
Thing that I'm miffed with is I keep a copy of everything spent and 7k is missing ATLEAST. This 7k would keep me on until April 2004!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Unemployment coz of fraud 23 database queries in 0.0115731 seconds