corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My Re-Trimmed Door Cards (Pics)...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Re-Trimmed Door Cards (Pics)...
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 03 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just finished putting my newly re-trimmed doorcards onto my car.

I've had them re-trimmed in Cobra's ?Navy Blue 'Rock' material in order to cover up the holes left by my electric window upgrade, and to hide scratches caused by some bird on the back door card whilst opening the window (winder scracthes).

Anyway, the result are that my doors now look a lot brighter, they match the exterior of the car, there all soft and padded, they cut out a hell of a lot of road noise (just the suspension judders and tyres on the road now!) the speakers sound better, the LED's work, the interior looks better, the silver colour coding looks better than ever, and as they've been off since february, the difference is amazing!

Here's the pics:

Firstly - Before:

Front Door:

Back Door:

Foam Padding Going In:

Finsihed and Tidied Foam Padding:

----------------------
----------------------

Finished Front Doors:

Here's One For All You 5-Door Fans:

The colour is Navy Blue, although for some reason the flash on the camera has made it look purple! It is Navy Blue and looks very blue in the daylight (pics taken in the garage).

I was going to re-trim them myself but in the end shelled out and paid for a professional job - and I don't regret it at all

Comments welcome
vauxtillidie

2nd Jul 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lukin good mate, how much did the retrim cost you?
M4tt

2nd Jul 03 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah lookin good!

did you have n e problem fitting the doorcards back on since you sprayed foam in them?

i did it to mine and they were a bar steward to put back on.

[Edited on 02-07-2003 by M4tt]
moddedcorsa

2nd Jul 03 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks excellent mate, nice choice of modds, not ott
Kris TD

2nd Jul 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice how much?
Icy

2nd Jul 03 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why the foam?
Mav 3000

2nd Jul 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys - I'll try and get a picture in the sunlight as it looks loads better than that in real life.

The re-trim cost me £50 for all 4 cards (£58 inc VAT). The place that did it does really good leather interiors and is the national repair centre or Recaro so I entrusted them with the job to save me messing it up! I basically paid for the peace of mind - and it's stuck down really well, no seepage of glue coming through and no creases - whcih is better than what I could have done, and they did it in 2 days

The door cards were filled with foam and it filled right out once it had expanded, but then I cut it back using a hacksaw blade back to be level with the door card. I put the card up to the door now and again to make sure I was takeing enough off - so it fitted flush. I then covered the foam in selotape to stop it flaking absolutely everywhere. It is a very tight fit - the screw at the end of the door card was an effort to get in, but it's on and ok.

The extra material has made the cards more padded, whcih means it hits the seal of the door ever-so-slightly when you clode it, and the rubber window thing at the top of the door is a tight fit, but this makes the door shut with a nice dull thud and not a metal slam as before. The front door handles took a little more pressure to sit properly, but its ok.

the material was just a cloth - not foam backed or anything.

Glad you all like it. Its blue - honest!

The material I got from Cobra - I think I've got enough left to trim up a new MDF parcel shelf for some up and coming 6x9's - hopefully!

The re-trim cost a bit including material and fitting, but they look so much better than before, have covered up a few faults and givin the car a new look. Just gotta decide what to do next now while I save for me alloys, exhaust, front bumper, colour coding at the bodyshop - the list goes on and on but I keep getting side-tracked!

[Edited on 02-07-2003 by Mav 3000]
Mav 3000

2nd Jul 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Icy, the foam was to help reduce road noise, make it a slightly quiter ride. Unfortunately, the door cards have been off my car for so long that I've forgotten how loud it was without it so I couldn't do a before and after test!

The foam was free (borrowed from me dad) and the door cards were lying round waiting for me leccie windows - It was a case of 'why not', and 'lets try it what the heck'!

Not sure if it was worth it as I can't tell but it hasn't done it any harm
Kris TD

3rd Jul 03 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that foam is the tits at sound proofing, im gonna fill everything in my car with it at some point, spare wheel well, rear archs etc...
Mav 3000

3rd Jul 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually found myself looking for 'holes and crevises' to fill with it too! I like the look of all that empty space around the boot!
koolkorsa

3rd Jul 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i fink lookd nicer b4

New Poll