corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Just bought me a Corsa GSI (Project C)...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought me a Corsa GSI (Project C)...
PanaceA

User status: Offline
30th Jun 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I picked up my new Corsa GSi yesterday. The cars a 94 on an L plate, it has 16" compomotive Mo's in white (195/45), Cobra Daytona seats with harness's, 70K on the clock, lowered (alot) on springs and dampers, clear back lights and side reapeters and a super chip. The cars in great nick for the age and at £2200 it was a decent deal.
I've just today ordered a snap off steering wheel boss kit and a nice racing, 320mm steering wheel to go with it so a quick "how to" on fitting the new boss and wheel would be good.
I'm unsure what suspension the cars on, its definatley on dampers and springs and its very low with the archs covering the tyres at the rear AND at the front! I've got down and tried to have alook at the shocks to see what they are but I can't see enough from just looking through the wheels. The shocks are white and the name looks to start with a "G", now, I'm thinking "G-Max" or Gaz. I've had alook at some G-Max shocks today in a mag and they all seem to be yellow but these are white, any ideas?
So advice on the steering wheel change and the shocks and springs please
Cheers
I'm now officialy a member
The V6 brakes will be added in a matter of weeks and then onto dealing with the LET conversion
Cheers
PanaceA

30th Jun 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^
kerzo

30th Jun 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a bit off topic but why did you go for a gsi when you are goin to get a LET anyway soon?
craigpcg

30th Jun 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do ya fancy sellin me ur wheels??

mike_southside

30th Jun 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got a momo silver jet steering wheel. the boss kit is easy to fit once u have got the orgainal wheel off which is a nigth mer
only the main dealer will have the tool to do it but u can inpervise like i did
take the front of and undo the bolt but leave it on, the get a rench and attach it to the bolt, then with a hammer blash the fuck out of it whiled with ur nees pulling the wheel toward u and it should come of
good luck mate
hope that helped
PanaceA

30th Jun 03 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heh, your all right Craig, I think I'll hold on to 'em
Just been out for a my first proper drive. Its alot more fun to drive than my Punto GT Turbo, obviously not as quick but its pretty nippy and it handles really well. It feels great with the bucket seats throwing it round corners. Its raining and very wet out bit still it was predictable and held the corners well it decent speed.
I choose a GSi because there not a great deal more expensive than the other Corsa's and they have all the tricks as standard - power steering (important for the LET) and ABS etc - plus they look better with the skirts etc.
Still need info on the wheel change and the suspension?
Ta
PanaceA

1st Jul 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll