corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with trimming the arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with trimming the arches
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
30th Jun 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is coming out of the body shop atthe earliest tomorrow latest Thursday, n e way to save some money when I got the work done I decided to do the arch work myself dont know if this was stupid now, I have had 17s fitted and they are scrubbing with weight in the back. Going down to Devon for a week in a few weeks and will have a load of weight in can you please advise me what I need to do with the arches what I will need and will they need repainting or touching up, Many thanks Paul...
broster
Premium Member

30th Jun 03 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get urself the max/haynes manual, got step by step instructions in it on how to do this
Karnage Corsa

30th Jun 03 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got that book somewhere god knows where it is I suppose I better try and tidy this sh!t heap of a room up and look for it gives me a good enough reason I suppose
Karnage Corsa

30th Jun 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found it and that looks hard I wish I had got them to do it now especially with the tools I have
broster
Premium Member

30th Jun 03 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really that hard to be honest, u got a grinder? just gotta take ur time wit hit
Karnage Corsa

30th Jun 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it says in here that you have to cut the metal, I wonder if I will just get away with cutting back at the plastic arch trims I might try that first on me own and if that dont work then get the body shop to do it no aint got a grinder but should be able to borrow one off one of me mates
broster
Premium Member

30th Jun 03 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah try just the plastic, may find its just the bolts that its rubbin on, what offset? how much u lowered?
Karnage Corsa

30th Jun 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wheels are 17/45/195 ET45 I think by memory I have only had them a few weeks, Have not actually lowered it yet just the standard 10mm - 15mm that the GSI is lowered mate. I am having some Karnage skirts fitted by the biody shop and the arches I had on were too short for the skirts so had to buy some new standard arches to go right down to the skirts so I am hoping and praying that the body shop just bond them on
broster
Premium Member

30th Jun 03 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shdu be ok if they are just bonded one i wood have fort

New Poll