corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speedo calibration question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo calibration question
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jun 03 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, on saturday at one particular flat bit of the M40, I managed to reach an indicated speed of 120mph on my speedo in the Astra.

My question is, what do you think would have been the correct speed? Is there some way of working out what the correct speed would have been?

I don't think my engine would have let me go any further, seeing as I was at nearly 6000rpm!

Engine is C14SE in a mk3 Astra, on 13" steelies BTW.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jun 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And before anyone starts moaning about the speed, this was at about 8.30am on a saturday morning on the M40, so hardly any cars on there at the time!
Kris TD

30th Jun 03 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaux ones are supposed to be 10% overread, that would make 108mph.
Daimo B

30th Jun 03 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take off about 10%. I had indicated 126mph, but taking the 10% of worked out to be about 114-115mph. Considering it was at about 6500rpm (120rpm left), it prooves my thing on the F13 box only being able to do 117mph on the standard limiter.
vibrio
Banned

30th Jun 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

around 110-112 probably

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speedo calibration question 23 database queries in 0.0100570 seconds