corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scary thought.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scary thought.....
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jun 03 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had some post come through and I've been given a student placement (12 months) within a IT firm.

HOWEVER... its all the way up in scotland (i'm from birmingham) and it starts within 2 weeks

Fooking got sh1t loads to sort out IF i accepted the offer.

I'm undescided whether to take up this offer or wait for another one which is closer to home and slightly more related to the career i want to do. (but i may risk not getting another offer from somewhere else)

wat do ya think ppl????

pew pew pew pewwwww
Sam
Premium Member

20th Jun 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the money like? Remember you will have to sort out £ for a place to live, food, petrol, etc.
Trotty

20th Jun 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmn, as Sam said there's a lot to take into account like a place to live, etc

That all depends on the money though...

If it's doing something you really want to do then it's a great opportunity, but if not, I'd pass it up and concentrate on something else.
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Jun 03 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as part of my degree i want to take a year out and do a placement to get better experience and looks good on CV.

it a descent placement with a good company.... and the pay is 12k which is above average for a placement year student.

renting should be ok coz i'll share a house/flat with other placement students.

If the job involved more software development then and was slightly closer to home then it would be perfect but u cant be too fussy when it comes to stuff like this can ya.

AND i dealt i'll take my car up there (well not for the first month anyway) as it too much hassle having it whilst sorting myself out up there

[Edited on 20-06-2003 by B19 GAV]

pew pew pew pewwwww
Foz

20th Jun 03 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The joys of being a student! G.T.F
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Jun 03 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its brilliant being a student....

yeah little things like this scare the sh1t out of us cos all were used to is drinking and drinking and drinking and sometimes sleeping.
its a big shock to the system ya know

pew pew pew pewwwww
M2RTY

20th Jun 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate ive been on my IT placement for 3 weeks now at DuPont in Wilton, 20 miles from home

out of 500 ppl on my course, only me who i know has a placement and im lucky enuff to start it right after my exams.

as i went to uni in sheffield (100 mile from home) i wanted to move back home 4 a year

if i take into account living expenses for moving away for a year they would be about 5k all in, food etc!! i reckon ill be paying 1k for rent and food off my parents
Fraser Young

20th Jun 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wherebouts is the placement?
barry_kellett99

21st Jun 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GO FOR IT
MOVE AWAY
BEST THING ANYONE CAN DO!

After all you can always move home again in a year!
baza31

21st Jun 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a guy in the IT part at my work doin a 1yr placment. hes taking ANOTHER year out after hes finsihes to go traveling! STUDENTS!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scary thought..... 24 database queries in 0.0124030 seconds