corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to remove door handles on corsa b???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to remove door handles on corsa b???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   6th Jun 03 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi,
i want to colour code my door handles on my gsi, i took of the interior door bit n had look n im not sure how the handle comes of!
i saw two screws which i could get to but their was another which was behind this long metal rod and i could not get at it!
how do the handles come of??
ive got central locking to if that helps

Cheers
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that long metal rod will pull out, then u can get to the bolt, then u gotta disconect the pins that attach it to the lock etc, very simple when u have removed the windo bar thingy! u puttin delocked handles on?
MoNkEy MaGiC

6th Jun 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah im just colour coding the door handles, actually its the second time im doing them! coz the first was rush job and i didnt take them of so it chipped badly round the edges!!

so its just 3 screws that hold it on right, 2 that are easy to get to and one which i can get to after removing the window bar rite?

does the bar just pull out to the side?
my electric window isnt working on one side! does it mean i cant get that bar out then?

cheers for the help
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to have window in up position, then the bar will pull outa the way with a sharp tug. mine only had two nuts an the linkage holdin it on.
MoNkEy MaGiC

6th Jun 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, so its quite easy to take of yea, is it easy to put back though???
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah just as simple, my first one took ages but then i realised the bar pulled out an second one was dead quick

New Poll