corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » coil overs or suspension kit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author coil overs or suspension kit?
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   6th Jun 03 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im after some suspension to lower me car, its on 15s with 195/45 tyres and i want it to be lowered, i want it to still be kinda comfy, whats the best kit for it i want it to handle well so i guess coil overs will be better, whats the advantages of coil overs? are they comfier? what suspension set ups u all got? do coil overs go on front an back?
thanx
broster
Adam_B

6th Jun 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FK coilovers from PVD, £480. About a million times better than the old G-max kit i used to have.

The FK kit i have is just a coilover on the front with a hight adjustable spring platform on the rear

Avo do coilovers as well, which are front and back, hight and damping adjustable £600.
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the ride quality like with them?
Adam_B

6th Jun 03 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, With the old kit it bounced and crashed a lot, not with these. If u get ones with adjustable damping u can pretty much set it how u like.
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the fk kit adjustable? i fink ill end up gettin these then, they easy to fit?
Adam_B

6th Jun 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just hight adjustable, damping is set.

If uve never done em before, get someone who knows to help u. I only had problems trough my own inexperience.
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is urs really harsh, i do lots of miles an dont want sumink that will be really hard, the kit u have seems to be ideal price
Adam_B

6th Jun 03 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its bearable. It did make a big difference tho when i went from 16s to 17s, seemed alot harder with 17s.

New Poll