corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help me with my wheels !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help me with my wheels !
p1723944

User status: Offline
4th Jun 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fitted a combat 2 wide arch kit, so i have removed the inner wheel arch form the front, but i've got the standard 14 sri alloys on it.

Beleive me it's bad, it makes the car look like a roller skate !

So i need some alloys (big time). What size can i go up to without the tyre rubbing the fornt suspension strut.

I've read that 16's are the biggest any thing above that arch need to be doctored but not sure if they mean the wing arch or the inner arch.

Cheers peeps.

Cybermonkey

4th Jun 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get rid of the stupid kit and get it lowered 40mm on 15's to get best handling.
p1723944

4th Jun 03 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not alot of help really !
Jason Iles

4th Jun 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17's don't rub as long as they are the correct offset of around et45-et49 any decent wheel shop will be able to tell you what offset a wheel has.
Cybermonkey

4th Jun 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ET49 17's generally rub on the suspension. ET45 is best for 17's.
Gambit

4th Jun 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p1723944
I've fitted a combat 2 wide arch kit, so i have removed the inner wheel arch form the front, but i've got the standard 14 sri alloys on it.

Beleive me it's bad, it makes the car look like a roller skate !

So i need some alloys (big time). What size can i go up to without the tyre rubbing the fornt suspension strut.

I've read that 16's are the biggest any thing above that arch need to be doctored but not sure if they mean the wing arch or the inner arch.

Cheers peeps.

you must be the laughing stock of your area, wide arch corsa on std 14's!!! common sense would have told you to get the wheels before you got the kit

oh & i hope you slapped on rust proector on the exposed inner arches now, otherwise they'll be rusting as we speak!!
Rob R

4th Jun 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame those kits dnt rust away!! poxy things r everywhere!! n when will people realise subtly is the best way in all espects of life!!

New Poll