corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what next?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what next?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   3rd Jun 03 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright lads, I've started off my ICE with a alpine mp3 headunit and want to start upgrading the rest of the bits going from the front to the back.

I need some recomendations for the front components, can push my budget to about £250 i guess, will this get me good quality gear?

in the back I'd like some bass, probly going to try the stealth look and have some stealth boxes in each side (one for amp and one for sub) cause space in the back is needed.

I'm really only bothered about what I can hear in the front of the car so are 6x9's really needed?

Cavey

3rd Jun 03 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£250 JUST for the Components ?!
James

3rd Jun 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could go for some JL components for that price, but dont expect their top stuff, alternatively Focal or Infinity make sum good components, try and go for 17cm speakers using an adapter as you will get more bass, have a look on http://www.cel-direct.co.uk
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jun 03 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heh well if i want to do things right its going to cost, dont want to go cheap on sound.

btw my HU has 4x 60w outlets. Can you suggest a amp(s) setup for the above?
SteveW

3rd Jun 03 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK mate, here are my view

Firstly im glad you are willing to spend some proper money on speakers. Thats the first step

For that price the list is endless but thats why im here.

Go for either:
DLS
Boston Acustics
JL Audio
(found out today that the Rockford ones aint all that)
Diamond
Xant

Then you must get an amp to run these, this way you will get wicked sound quality. If your really mad for it, go get a 4 channel amp and run the components off that
Get the stealth box for the rear, (these are actually quite well made) and get another amp mounted on the other side. make a false floor, get some Dynamat and you will have a really nice sounding system.

Also DO NOT GET 6x9's. They will not be needed for this type of system. Trust me

Steve
Cavey

3rd Jun 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish i had that kinda money to spend I'm trying to do ICE first before the exterior of my car, becuase it's me who drives it, i'd rather have it sound nice inside instead of wasting pennies on the outside... spent about £600-700 so far, still need components, though, but trying to do it cheap-ish Looking for inifinities, mate has them they sound rather nice...

the Boston's look nice, saw them 'tother day
DIGGIDY

3rd Jun 03 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£250 will get you a very nice set of comps..

Audiobahn or Focal

Audiobahn 3 way would be best, these puppies take 320 watts RMS!!! and sound very very nice! will need a fuck off amp to get them going though...

Plan on ordering a set very soon...

Focal sound great also.

forget the 6x9's you won't need them and it will make your sound stage sound shit, unless you like a sound that comes from every nook and cranny in your car.

If you want a bit of rear fill sound just get some replacements for the rear speakers and amp them slightly. this will give the presents of sound from the rear, but will not throw the sound stage out to much. 6x9's would be to much.

As for bass.... the list is endless... but your limited to 10's and 12's if you get a stealth box and they only do them for one side of the car... don't know why?

best get a DVC sub this will allow you to run it at 2ohm which will increase to power output... as for which one.... need to know your budget for the sub and amp.

hope this helps.
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jun 03 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets remember, I'm willing to spend around £250, but wouldnt mind spending less

what kinda wattage should I be aiming for then, will them being underpowered at the start of their life effect them in any way? Cause i'd plan to just replace the std components, then when more money comes in for ice buy my first amp.

snowy, 4 channel amp, is that just for the components or the sub aswell?
Richie

3rd Jun 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just found crystal components that are supposed to be amazing, mite get them
SteveW

3rd Jun 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay - the 4 channel is just for the components mate. Run it that way and they will sound pukka pies

Steve
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jun 03 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much we looking for a powerful enough 4 channel amp?
SteveW

3rd Jun 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EEERRRMMMMM about £300 for a good enough one. get them from caraudiodirect.com or http://www.thezeb.com

Thezeb is a US site but it still works out soo much cheaper that over here.
Steve
Fear

3rd Jun 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got my fronts running off a pheonix gold QX 300.4 amp and it sounds real good and thtas with pretty crap components!!!! The new octane pheonix gold range is just coming out which looks pukka and affordable to!!!!!!
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 03 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will this setup we have talked about (components upfront, sub in the back) be ok for a full range of music? I dont listen to just one type it can be anything from the charts (women) or dnb/rap/metal, the list is endless!
DIGGIDY

4th Jun 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing that may effect the system with the full range of music you listen too, is the sub...

10's hit with a more punchy hardness which is geat for general dance music.

12's get a similar amount of punch but better bottom end rumble, a real good all-rounder.

15's just drop nice and low perfect of hip hop/rnb/dnb and deep dark tech house...

If you spent a decent amount of money on a quailty 15 you will get a sub that performs like a 12 with a nice amount of punch and also be able to drop very very low...
DIGGIDY

4th Jun 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remember stealth boxes only accept up to a 12" sub... unless you make your own of course...
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 03 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn cause I want to keep as much space as possible hence the stealthbox :/

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what next? 24 database queries in 0.0129859 seconds