corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legal Problems

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Legal Problems
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 03 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Arsehole
Who is Strech n Wos Migweb...

I though i'd join, got a mate on ere, dunno his user name, just told me to come on ere coz i got me a corsa at last!!

I see the email address in your profile has conveniently changed to Sc0tty2H0tty@aol.com from StretchMyster@...
Keeley

3rd Jun 03 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol BUSTED
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Jun 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsehole
Banned

3rd Jun 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't touched it, have the moderators on here got a joker head on or summing, I don't even know how to go into 'My Profile' and chage things...

Yeah fair enough, my email addy is stretch, but i am not the one off migweb...
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Jun 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Arsehole
I haven't touched it, have the moderators on here got a joker head on or summing, I don't even know how to go into 'My Profile' and chage things...

Yeah fair enough, my email addy is stretch, but i am not the one off migweb...

Yes, if you say so mate...
Cybermonkey

3rd Jun 03 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh and you are scottish.
Makarus

3rd Jun 03 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it funny that people cant just deal with others having a go at them over the internet, its not like they are face to face with you.

I think the problem is more at the feet of the twats who are too childish to rise above petty arguements and have to complain.
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jun 03 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You will have noticed that the site was down at the weekend and some of today following the threat of legal action in response to a number of threads posted and thus published here. The law as it stands is a grey area at present although the site as an entity and indeed myself, Tim and the company who host the site are all not beyond legal implication when it comes to slanderous or libel threads posted here, regardless of who originally posted such messages.

What this basically means is that if some members like to have a joke and poke some fun and someone takes offence, we get sued, the company who host the site get sued, the site closes and we spend loads of cash for no reason. As it is we've already had to seek advice and thus incur costs on the back of this threat and although this isolated case has no real legal grounding, we are still looking to tighten up our legal position so as not to be left in this situation again. This has a couple of knock-on effects, the most obvious being stricter moderation (which for the cynics among you also means some staff development inside the team). This of course encompasses education of problems users as its not just about removing posts - that's something no-one likes. Anyone putting us in an ifft position legally really can't go on doing so and will have be alter their ways. There will be other changes to policy etc. but these should be fairly transparent as we're not many miles away from good policy already. I feel this just needs a little more legal stringency and this should be OK.

The upshot of all this then, I'm not looking to turn the site on its head but we have reached a turning point of 10000 registrations since we opened over 5 years ago. The site is financially supportive of itself, has an in-house moderation team and also a correct and proper legal position. All it needs now is some good conversation and we'll be on to a winner.

Thanks for listening

like your haircut

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legal Problems 23 database queries in 0.0102980 seconds