corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Colour-matching

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour-matching
Laney

User status: Offline
   25th May 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the colour-code thingy for my car under the bonnet, so I presumed that when I got the paint from Halfords it would match.

The problem is is that theres quite a noticeable difference between the new paint (on the doorhandles) and the paint on the car.

Any idea's how I can match them? Cause to be honest its looks wank

Do Corsa's come in only 1 shade of Red?! (Flame Red)

And no, I didn't choose to have a red car thats fading
Alan MacAulay

25th May 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem when I sprayed my light brows. After a couple of weeks it isn't as obvious. Try giving the car a polish with the red turtle wax, then normal wax, this makes the red more red (if u know what I mean)

By the way, mines flame red too.
Kris TD

25th May 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro has a flame red corsa, some of it was sprayed only 6 months ago, and it has faded in that time, not noticeable until new paint went on again. this time we are spraying the entire car with 2k paint so it shouldnt fade now. try t-cutting your car mate.
corsa120

25th May 03 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my advice is to not use halfords paint at all m8y no colour ive seen there is any where near right!!!! my star silver from halfords is more like goldy silver very noticabley wrong instead go to a proper place that mixes paint like trinders an rage ask for the colour of ur car whatever it is have it mixed and have them put it in a spray can with fan nozel i sprayed a whole wing with these cans with fan nozel and the finish is superb i mean mint and the colour is exact
Kris TD

25th May 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.autopaint.co.uk

thats who i use.
Laney

25th May 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already tried T-cutting to no real effect

I'm thinking of getting a re-spray at some point in the distant future. Is it really worth getting it Flame Red again, or will another colour go over equally as well?

Thanks for the replies btw

luca2020

26th May 03 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to vaux and get the paint

if ur cars fadding give it a proper good waxing n polishing, belive me it will work

New Poll