corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » For Sale V.Soon: 3dr Electric Window Kit (Genuine Vauxhall)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For Sale V.Soon: 3dr Electric Window Kit (Genuine Vauxhall)
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
16th May 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the next few weeks I'll be selling a 3dr electric window kit for a Corsa B. I don't yet know if it will have the plastic surrounds for drivers door pocket and passenger door handle, but it definitely will contain:

2x Electric Window Motors & Regulators
2x Drivers Side Switches
1x Passenger Side Switches
1x Drivers Side Door Wiring Harness with wiring for Central Locking, Electric Mirrors and Electric Windows
1x Passenger Side Door Wiring Harness with wiring for Central Locking, Electric Mirrors and Electric Windows
1x Electric Mirror Switch (if needed)

All of this is in perfect condition. If anyone is interested at this point please put forward your offers for this little lot now and I'll see if I have to resort to selling it on eBay.

This costs over £200 new from Vauxhall so don't be tight with the offers!
Mav 3000

16th May 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actual Motor and Regulator:

Actual Wiring Harness:

shawboy

17th May 03 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much you looking for mate?
Mav 3000

17th May 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the motors alone are £50 each from Vauxhall. I have seen them 2nd hand from breakers for £35 each, so that's £70 for a pair for motors only. I'm also selling the door harnesses and all switches.

I'd sell the lot for £100. Also, P&P's gonna be about £15 because the box it'd have to go in will be big n heavy, unless you wanted to collect from either Derby (uni) or west Leicestershire (home).
shawboy

17th May 03 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will have a think about it mate and let you know.
i would proberly collect too.
Mav 3000

17th May 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one. I'm on the boards most days so let us know.

I don't yet know if the little plastic switch holder will be for sale, but these bits are dead cheap from Vauxhall. I shoud be able to confirm additional parts to those listed above (if any) mid-week.
sxi boy

17th May 03 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sooty mite be interested in this
Mav 3000

18th May 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have for sale:

1x Electric Mirror Switch

4x Central Locking Solenoids (genuine Vauxhall) from a 5dr GLS R-reg.

I may have to ask for your highest bids as there are multiple persons interested in this now - but I'll let you know when I've got everything ready to sell what the state of play is.

Cheers,
darryl

18th May 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey mate i need an electric window kit mate how much u want for the whole lot to make the windows work?!?!? also do u have full central locking kits with key throbs?!?!? are they easy to fit mate?!?
Mav 3000

18th May 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only got the 4 solenoids as the're part of the kit I'm buting (Im buying 5dr leccie window kit (for a lot more than im selling the 3dr kit for!)

The windows are quite easy to fit - I'll write an instruction list in a few seconds. If you have the dash wiring for them its easy, if you don't, then you need to get the muliplugs out of a car with leccie doors and wire the car up too - little more work.
Mav 3000

18th May 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, here's in a nutshell how to fit electric windows to a manual window car:

-- Check For Internal Wiring Loom --
----------------------------------------------

In order to fit electric windows you have to check to see if your car has the wiring loom to support them in the car itself - if it doesn't then the windows will not work.

There are two ways to do this:

Method A:
-------------

1. Open your car door.

2. Unscrew the multiplug which takes the loom throguh to the door wiring harness.

Option 1: Look in the car-side of the multiplug and see if there are a lotof metal connectors in there - if there are about 20 then yes, your car has the wiring for electric mirrors and windows.

Option 2: Remove the rubber cover from the car side of the multiplug to reveal the wires going into the plug itself, then look to see how many wires you have - if there are 19 or 20 then you have the wiring.

Method B:
-------------

1. Remove the drivers side kick panel from the side of the footwell to reveal the ECU housing (1 screw at back, 1 at side and 1 screw on sill panel needs removing).

2. find the wiring going up to the big rubber gromit at the door hinge and count the wires there 20 means your in luck.

-- If you HAVE the wiring loom --
-----------------------------------------

You can do work in just the doors and the windows should work - proceed to fitting instructions.

-- If you DO NOT have the loom --
------------------------------------------

Then you need to buy one in order forthe windows to work - this is cause you need the correctly configured multiplugs and all wiring going into them in order to connect the doors to the car properly.

If you have a 3dr Corsa then get a dash loom and multiplugs from a high spec Corsa (GSI, SRI or CDX etc) from a breakers

If you have a 5dr then you need the dash loom from a post 97 GLS or any CDX. These are synonymous with rocking-horse poo - rare as hell, but keep looking and one may turn up.

-- Fitting Electric Windows --
------------------------------------

This assumes you have the necessary wiring in the car:

1. Strip your doors down to the weathershield.

2. Cut away 3 out of 4 sides of weathersheild and tape it out of the way (do not discard!).

3. With the multiplug disconnected, disconnect the door harness wiring from any Central Locking or speakers and remove from car door.

4. Remove the window guide rail from the door by removing the two screws holding it in. the window will now become slightly wobbley.

5. In the middle of the door are two big bolts - these hold the runner for the window. draw round the osition of these bolts before removing them. Watch the state of the glass now as you may need to move the window up and down the for the next bit.

6. Drill out the rivets holding in the manual window regulator and remove the regulator from the door.

7. Insert new door harness.

8. Connect the switches and the motor to the door harness wiring to test the regulators before you fit them to check they work**.

9. Insert new electric regulator and motor and rivet this into place (may use different riveting points).

*make sure you rivet it in and not screw it in otherwise over time the screws will become loose and will mess the thing right up*

you need 4.9mm rivets and a pop-riveter or rivet gun to do this.

10. Make sure window runner is positioned correctly (the two bolts marked earlier) to ensure that the windows travel up and down with NO resitance.

11. Re-fit the door and tape up the weathersheild.

12. Reset the electric window motors by closing the window fully, then hold down the switch for 5 seconds until you hear a beep or click or something.

13. Mount switches in door, stand back and admire your handywork, then have a play.

* I haven't actually done this yet but this guide has been written based upon the instructions in the Hayens Manual and what my doors look like.

**You may need to add a fuse into the suse box - the fuse needed is clearly marked on the fuse box panel by a window icon with arrows on it pointing up and down.

-----------------------------------------

Good luck. It isn't that hard, just take your time etc. If not you can pay a mech to do it for you.

If you need the dash wiring then I'd suggest unless you know what your doing that you get this done by an expert.

[Edited on 18-05-2003 by Mav 3000]

[Edited on 18-05-2003 by Mav 3000]
Mav 3000

18th May 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(Jesus my fingers hurt!)
adelcorsa

18th May 03 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is left then ??? as id like electric windows and mirror
Mav 3000

18th May 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it ALL still for sale at present!

I have the mirror switch and the harness has the door wiring for the mirrors, but I don't have the mirrors themselves as you may like to buy Vaux ones or electric M3 or DTM or something.
adelcorsa

18th May 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ill message u in the morning bout them

what price would u ask 4 the lot delivered ??? im in ipswich
Mav 3000

18th May 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've quoted about £100 higher up this thread. If you were to offer more I'd have to ask the other people interested if they would be willing to beat your offer as they showed interest first. P&P would be £15 on top of this as the box its in is big and heavy!
adelcorsa

19th May 03 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
Cavey

19th May 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mav, were u @ lonsdale the other day ? Purple Car with combat 2 kit on it ? big wheels ? nice car, i'm in St. Chris'
Mav 3000

19th May 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No that isn't me - I've seen that going round too if its the one with the Combat 1 kit on it and tinted windows.

My car's parked on Stepping Lane most days (alarmed of course!) - check my garage for a pic of what it looks like.

If anyone wants to offfer a price for the kit above its all still for sale. Please post bids on this thread. Please also highlight if you will need it posting as well.

Thanks all,

[Edited on 19-05-2003 by Mav 3000]
Cavey

19th May 03 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice inside... i got a flame red K reg non colour coded bumpers @ the moment, lowered 60 , Got a remote locking kit i need fitting if u ever feel like helping a retard
Mav 3000

19th May 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got 4 solenoids you can use for it if you need them, but apart from that I've no idea how to fit them sorry - my car came as standard with them.

BTW my back garden faces onto St Christophers Court!
Cavey

19th May 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, that would be for de-handling ? cool
Mav 3000

19th May 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, to de-handle, simply fit remote central locking (I fitted an alarm to give me the remote part of this) and then replace your door handles with ones without locks on and remove your locking barrels.

Now about these windows: There still for sale!

Make me offers!
Mav 3000

20th May 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody want to make me an offer for this kit? It's still up for sale!
b0bby

27th Apr 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey mate. i really wanna do this to mine and id give u an offer. but i cant find this wiring loom and i have a corsa C.... will it fit?
im kinda guessing not. but

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » For Sale V.Soon: 3dr Electric Window Kit (Genuine Vauxhall) 23 database queries in 0.2207129 seconds