corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ideas for reviving CS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ideas for reviving CS
Ojc

User status: Offline
18th Aug 22 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi lads wubu2
SetH

18th Aug 22 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R U a man?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Oct 22 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be a busy forum again i think it would need to steer towards being a general forum for all makes of cars and content. Corsas are old news now unfortunately, it's only really older people that still own them or will buy them for the nostalgia reasons. This new generation of spastics are only interested in financed cars and putting financed cars on shit airbags. Not many people are building Corsas nowadays.

Facebook/instagram definitely ruined forums, but nowadays they are dog shit too. Too many shit car clubs waving lanyards and discount codes for valeting supplies about. The car scene is on its arse now. Everyone I know who's in to cars is mainly in to the track/drag scene. I've not owned a Corsa since about 2014 and I still visit this site periodically for a browse, it would be great if it was busy again. The project section used to be brilliant back in the day.

edit - I owned a caged B shell about 2 years ago, bought a B204 then got bored and sold it all currently building an ecoboost MK6 Fiesta

[Edited on 18-10-2022 by DannyB]
SetH

19th Oct 22 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's amazing how all the kids are leasing premium German motors these days and modifying them. I remember living life fast leasing an M4 and fitting hybrid turbos amongst other things and BMW contacting him demanding full payment for the car

I never used FB or insta for anything car related, mind you I deleted all social media accounts nearly 2 years ago, best thing I have ever done, they are cancer but that's a whole different conversation. Not surprising to hear that it's all about sponsors and affiliates on those platforms.

I still use pistonheads, mainly read the features. occasionally venture into the forums but never post as it gets toxic quickly.

I think during the latter glory days on here we were kind of becoming a general forum as most of us had moved on to other marques but still posted regularly.

In my humble opinion the glory days of the internet are well gone. It does not matter if you are watching a you tube video on nuclear fission or a video about kittens, one look at the comments and the interactions between the public are hateful and toxic AF.

I still think many have forgotten their CS logins and thus unable to post. The ones that have logged in ie Sam, and Pablo for example posted once then vanished again. (where are you guys?!)

The board now is mostly ojc and me talking to ourselves

DannyB
Premium Member

19th Oct 22 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, 100% social media is absolute horsemeat. The only reason I use FB/IG are for business pages. If it wasn't for them I'd be deleting them. Unfortunately they have been the best tools for free advertisement, and uploading thousands of images for free. Full of absolute roasters now though.

[Edited on 19-10-2022 by DannyB]
Daimo B

21st Oct 22 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
In my humble opinion the glory days of the internet are well gone. It does not matter if you are watching a you tube video on nuclear fission or a video about kittens, one look at the comments and the interactions between the public are hateful and toxic AF.

Nail on head right there. The world is fucked and will continue to be so.

The days of interaction are over, go clubbing and the kids are all sitting on their phones, probably talking to the person standing next to them. Soon it'll be everyone sitting in a headset talking to each other. The Matrix is coming
Andrew

26th Oct 22 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is weekend racer still a thing?
SetH

28th Oct 22 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

Weekend dogging is still a thing in steve106gti's neck of the woods.
Andrew

7th Nov 22 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

Weekend dogging is still a thing in steve106gti's neck of the woods.

If you wish to share your girlfriend that's fine but that doesn't answer my question.
SetH

8th Nov 22 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ideas for reviving CS 23 database queries in 0.0129290 seconds