corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Corsa C is sh*t compared to the Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Corsa C is sh*t compared to the Corsa B
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 22 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prove me wrong.
SetH

27th Jan 22 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never really took a shine to the C. I think the C SXi was a good package for a new driver though. The 1.8 SRi was a huge disappointment, bit of a flop imho. I remember one of the new car tests that max power would do. They had a particular piece of road where they would come of a roundabout and boot it to the next bridge, measuring the time. Hardly scientific but would give an indication of performance and the conclusion was the 1.8 was pretty underwhelming, I guess not meeting our expectations.

I remember the first time I saw a B GSi, I thought it looked the tits (especially in white). Never saw a C that left an impression.
Sam
Premium Member

28th Jan 22 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The C SXI is a fairly good spec compared to similar on the B - electric windows and mirrors, ABS in the facelift models.

What I don't like about the C:

- That fucking brake servo seal that turns the driver's footwell into a swimming pool
- Battery under the scuttle panel - why not leave it in the engine bay like the Corsa B and the subsequent generations?!
- Doesn't feel as solid as a B
- No GSi model unless you lived in Europe and even then it's essentially an SRi with a different badge
- No VXR model like the Meriva A had

GM has fucked up so much with the Corsa and other models, no wonder Vauxhall and Opel were making a consistent loss for over two decades!

[Edited on 28-01-2022 by Sam]
SetH

28th Jan 22 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The current generation Corsa is absolutely disgusting to look at and its huge too

[Edited on 28-01-2022 by SetH]
Sam
Premium Member

28th Jan 22 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
The current generation Corsa is absolutely disgusting to look at and its huge too

[Edited on 28-01-2022 by SetH]

It's also French
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Feb 22 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never really got in to C, actually knew about it when I ordered my last B and opted to get a late B instead of waiting.
Andrew

24th Feb 22 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep looking at the Corsa C. I had 4 of them back in the day.

If i came across a decent one i'd probably snap it up.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

4th Mar 22 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a corsa c 1.8 sri 2005 model and honestly it was just problematic. just in term of constantly things needing replaced and deteriorating. it was expensive to road tax for what it was and handling im sure with the right suspension it would have been good but i just never fell inlove with it like i did my b. I sold it and have never missed it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Corsa C is sh*t compared to the Corsa B 23 database queries in 0.0095038 seconds