corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VX performance inlet manifold X16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VX performance inlet manifold X16XE
woodsy29

User status: Offline
27th Apr 20 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finished my Tigra A recently (built using a lot of parts removed from my Corsa sport a few years ago)

The issue I'm having is with the VX performance inlet manifold I've fitted. I ran it on the corsa for years and it was OK. The only thing that used to do my head in was the EML coming on on motorways and the engine feeling a bit 'flat' sometimes. I always knew that this was down to the blanking plate fitted to the inlet manifold (where the throttle body mounting bracket originally fitted as this also allowed the exhaust gas to recirculate)

I found a fitting guide for the Mantzel Powerbox in an old magazine. It used a metal pipe from an adapted plate to run from the inlet manifold to the powerbox (to allow the exhaust gas to recirculate) This was included with the powerbox kit. So using the images and descriptions I made an exact copy of the plates/pipes and fittings. I fitted it feeling pretty confident it would work, took the car down the road but almost straight away I noticed a lot of hesitation at low revs and at constant throttle. When accelerating hard it pulls really well but generally is pretty awful to drive. The EML is not on despite the issues. I've done data list checks on Tech 2 and everything seems fine. I've been over all the other work I've done and everything is OK - no air leaks - all pipework is correct ETC. EGR valve is new (Genuine Vauxhall part)

Has anyone ever come across this before? Any information or suggestions would be very appreciated!

Phil

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VX performance inlet manifold X16XE 23 database queries in 0.0071940 seconds